Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chicago Questions....Please Help!!!

Hey all,

Several of us are going to ride up to The Chicago area for a weekend. Probably next week, like Friday the 6th. Was wondering if anyone could clue me in on the bike hangouts on a Fri/Sat night? We would like to hangout - party- ride in the "BIG" city :)

Probably be about 10 - 15 of us. How about cheap lodging in decent area of town?

Any places, general area's, we should stay away from?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure you guys are not riding through the downtown area at night. Lately the cops have been ticketing for loud exhausts. You are fine during the day, but riding with a big group doesn't help so be careful. Stay north of downtown, good night life.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
There are the ones mentioned on SBN.
On Sunday Morn8am-11 at Highland House Rt41+22 highland park.
There are a few hundred bikes.

I would not stay in the city overnight you would have to pay for parking and the poss of it being stolen.
I would go to the suburbs to stay in a motel. Rosemont, Elkgrove , Arlington Heights, Schaumburg.

·
Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,704 Posts
The Twisted Spoke

Jinx Cafe (used to be, I think it re-opened) on Division

Nothing is cheap in the city, there's a Day's Inn or something on Diversey and Clark and that keeps you in a cool area.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Kruz is listing gay bars for those that aren't familiar with chicago. Whatever floats your boat, buddy. And you should know better than to crack jokes at me in a forum I moderate. :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Kruz spends a lot of time at the gay bars. I heard he likes to wear the leather chaps and nothing else :D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I was just testing your "moderate" moderating skills....:D

Yes those are gay bars, but there are plenty of other cool straight bars in the area.

Tony...I need my leather mask back.

:laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
No way dude. I wear it while I'm ridin the cruiser :D :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
ok, talk about getting way :eek:t

ok, i know you guys want to go to "bike hangouts" but something about a whole bunch of guys drinking and then getting on bikes bothers me. I have never been to a "biker bar" and really don't even know where any are. My recommendations to you guys would be to ride around friday....go to all the area "bike hangouts." cruise thru downtown chicago, downtown naperville, streets of woodfield. then for saturday, ride during the day, but then go out and have some fun in the city at night. sounds like you guys don't come out to chicago, so out and experience the night life. go hit the touristy Rush & Division area, or Excalibur, or big names like White Star, etc. Another choice would be to hit Lincoln Park and/or Wrigleyville. There's a bar every 5 feet in those areas. then, sleep in sunday morning, and ride back to Indiana.

areas to stay away from: well, thats easy, stay away from housing projects, low income neighborhoods, areas where you could get shot, or get hurt. also, stay away from Doty road.
I wouldn't venture on to Cicero, Central, Western, or any of those streets near 290. In other areas, they may be ok, but near 290. Also, unless you guys are really good riders, i'd stay off of 90/94 in the evening/nite. the way people drive there is crazy. actually, anywhere downtown is crazy.
ok, time to get back to work now:thumbsup

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
good advice above, but don't go to excalibur. Not only is it touristy, it is lame as all hell! Trust me on this one, youwont have a good time.

give us more info on what you want to do. Bar hop? Club? what?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well....

We ARE NOT looking for gay bars!! In Indy on a Fri/Sat there are about 4 places you will find all the bikes. Everyone basically rides from these spots. I was just wondering about places such as this in Chicago. If we do hit the bars we definitely WON'T be riding! Most of us have been to Chicago before, we just thought it would be a nice trip and allow us the opportunity to ride with the "Big City Folk" :) Chicago has got to have a bigger sportbike community than Indy.

Thanks for the info. Please keep it coming.

Dave

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Well downtown naperville is usually hoppin with bikes on saturday nights. As is Streets of woodfield up north. Both locations are centered around the Startbucks.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
gotta go cruise down the lake shore drive if you're coming to visit the city.

Hey vcook, maybe it's time for those "better" skyline pics with a bunch of local bikes and another 10 or so from Indy.

Hmm, maybe a weekend Strats mtg for food & pics or terrorizing the folks over at D&B in either Addison or Chicago for meeting up, food, gabbing and then riding???

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I would be up for that, Hey is lower wacker done yet? I could go for some echo wheelies :D :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts