Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
OmniGLH said:
LOL... yeah Ernie... I beat 'em up too about it!

That's ok tho - they can still get Suzuki parts n stuff :)
Yep got my clutch cable for my 750 from them, at least i know when i order from them im gonna get it and get it within a couple of days!

I've always had good luck with the Parts Department at Speed Limit Cycle. They can usually get me really fair prices on anything OEM or from LP or Parts Unlimited.

The service department ripped me last time getting my tires mounted, but once before Jerry in service gave me a freebie on riviting the masterlink on my new chain. So they are on the shady side of 50/50.

Mike in parts is a decent guy and has always done me right. I give him an A.

Champ91 said:
You are right Rob. Young America

I like that other shop on the other side of town. Engelhart I think it is. But thats just based on appearance not dealing with.

There is another up in Richland Center thats large and has lots to look at. I forget the name at the moment. :confused

I bought both my FZR600 and YZF750 from Engelhart Center. Both from teh same salesman, Dennis. Got a good deal on both. Even test rode the YZF. The one in Richland Center is Vetesniks. IF I stay with sportbikes, thats where I'm going. They can beat Engelharts prices anyday now.

YZFRob said:

I bought both my FZR600 and YZF750 from Engelhart Center. Both from teh same salesman, Dennis. Got a good deal on both. Even test rode the YZF. The one in Richland Center is Vetesniks. IF I stay with sportbikes, thats where I'm going. They can beat Engelharts prices anyday now.
Yep thats them.

Yea BANZAI SUCKS BUTT! Ok on the plus side I bought my TL100R there and got it for just under 9k out the door way towards the end of the season ('00)...and while a few guys told me I could have found an even better deal, but this was still pretty good I think (I also had them throw in the first check up). Now when I brought my bike in for service it sat there for a month and a half. Then they told me they ordered the wrong color parts and I had a different place tow it outta there that day (Ron & Brians...excellent work). Every day it would be some other excuse...my bike was untouched from the spot where I parked it when it first came in. As an instructor I tell all of my students to avoid that place with a passion. Half the guys have no clue as to what they're talking about. One guy tried to convince me that the Katana was a better track bike than the 600 gixxer...I don't remember exactly what he said because I think blood began pouring from my ears. They have a nice selection (when it's in stock), and a lot of used bikes...however I wish that the fleas from a thousand camels infest the armpits of most of the sales people there. Basically to sum it up, I'm not too thrilled with them.

Worst on the south side are Watson Motorsports and Midlothian Sports & Cycle. Watson is just a plain ripoff. I unfortunately experinced this firsthand.I have never heard of anyone getting treated right there. Always some $300 toilet paper warranty, broken used bikes, service is sub-par and runarounds-a-plenty there. Midlothian Sports&Cycle are just plain greedy. Management is bad and when my g/f worked there she was constantly sexually harassed. Not to mention stupidly high prices on used and slim deals on new.
Speed Limit is OK, but dont dare buy a used bike there! They are a salvage rebuilder with a frickin` awesome painter. They are proof that you really CAN polish a turd! Parts dept. is good tho.

X-SLaYeR said:
Worst on the south side are Watson Motorsports and Midlothian Sports & Cycle. Watson is just a plain ripoff. I unfortunately experinced this firsthand.I have never heard of anyone getting treated right there. Always some $300 toilet paper warranty, broken used bikes, service is sub-par and runarounds-a-plenty there. Midlothian Sports&Cycle are just plain greedy. Management is bad and when my g/f worked there she was constantly sexually harassed. Not to mention stupidly high prices on used and slim deals on new.
Speed Limit is OK, but dont dare buy a used bike there! They are a salvage rebuilder with a frickin` awesome painter. They are proof that you really CAN polish a turd! Parts dept. is good tho.
Tru dat!

Doc

I've been going to Banzai on and off since the early 70's, when it was owned by Harry Pauley (Northern Illinois Honda). Someone should bury that place- it's dead. All it's really ever had going for it is LOCATION. It's the only Honda dealer between Lake Villa and Des Plaines, and that fact gets them a lot of business.

Under the current ownership, it's the worst it's ever been. You can feel and sense the people working there don't give a shit, the attitiude and low morale just comes across. When they do finally interact with you, it's apparant they for the most part are incompetent.

Rumor has it the place might not be around long.

I've been treated with honesty and respect at DesPlaines Honda, and Ron and Brian's in Waukegan, and continue to trust both dealerships as they've earned that over the years.

X-SLaYeR said:
Worst on the south side are Watson Motorsports and Midlothian Sports & Cycle. Watson is just a plain ripoff.
I bought my R1 there and have to agree. I've never boiught a bike anywhere else, but I think when you're buying a $10000+ sportbike, you deserve a little attention. The sales guy waas making three different deals at the same time. I've got all this cash in my hand and I couldn't even get him to sit at a desk with me. I felt it was rude.

Plus, like many beginners, i took it in for the 600 miler. RIP_OFF. Never do that again. I'll bet they didn't do any more than an oil change for the $200+ they charged me.

Is it the worst? Can't say. Is it just as bad as many of the others? Probably.

Champ91 said:
Fuck 'em. If they really cared about customer satisfaction and feedback, it wouldn't be the way it 's been under new ownership.

You think some rants on the internet is going to make management in Madison tremble in fear and turn the dealership around? Being a "do-gooder" to a failing dealership may be a cute cause, but ultimately it's their business and their choices.

I've done some asking around, and let's just say there are quite possibly issues going on the public is not aware of. Let it be.

Hehe. Kinda like when I applied for a sales job at Young America earlier this year. They hired some firm that hires sales people for CAR DEALERSHIPS. The guy kept going on saying "this is not a scam" and "I was paid $7k for a day to talk to job apps at a car dealer" and such. The real kicker was when he said theres a $549 'fee' thats was supposed to be refundable when they hire you. Pretty sad when a motorcycle dealer's salesmen dont even know how to start a bike. BTW Young America would sell a GSXR1K to a 12yr old if they could legally do it.

now for the BEST!

Well, how about some GOOD dealerships now?
down by me I would say the best ones are: Service Honda and Xtreme Motorsports

I have had nothing but the best from Service Honda www.servicehonda.com in Hammond, IN. (even tho I ride a Suzi :evil ) I would highly recommend them! Never a bad experience, nor have I ever heard a bad thing about them from anyone (except the fact they are the reason most dealerships in the area will not give out OEM part#'s since they are about the cheapest retailer in the country)!!

Xtreme Motorsports (also in Hammond, IN) is another decent one. I have heard stories both ways from them but personally they have always been tip-top! They are starting to sponsor more and more events and are gaining some real steam. Prices can be a little steep, but they have some deals too and they generally take good care of their customers!

I have to agree Bonzai sucks. Chicago Cycle Center is just as bad. I hate that place. Unfortunately I keep going back because I have a 20% lifetime discount. But please, don't anyone else go there.:mad

Odysseys said:

"Especially those Haider and Nick characters over at Woodfield Motorsports - they're the worst of the bunch"

you ant kidding...i went over there and this skinny fucker was rude to me...i was like wanting to buy a new 2002 R-1 and he was like telling me i cant ride for shit and i am some posing bitch streets of woodfeild whore that just hangs out...so instead he was trying to get me to the card board cut out of the r-1:laughing

just kidding...nick is a cool mofo;) :thumbsup

Man, you guys are HARSH!

Ken, instead of a Vespa would you consider this? It's only $1800, and I PROMISE to cut ya a deal!

Since we're on the topic I would say that Schaumburg Honda
Sucks in the worst way. Service was horrible got my 900RR back
and bolts were loose screws missing and the bike was dirty as hell greasy palm prints everywhere. I'd never spend a dime there ever.

On the Other hand Arlington Motorsports has been really good there parts are limited but they'll order it for you and you'll have it in a day or so and they even put on my bike for free and Gary and Mike in the service area do great work.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.