Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say, just for research sake, that I found a puppy that I wanted to rescue, but he's for sale and not for adoption... but he has no price, and I have to make an offer.... this is all hypothetically, of course.

What would I offer for a mix breed dog of these two breeds?

(he is so cute)

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
you want to offer a price on a puppy you want to rescue... wat?

Hypothetically, of course.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
$10 a lb is about right.

[edit] Oops that is for dog meat. Never mind.

Reactions: jrock and Arch

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Well if Petland was selling it, I'd say it was going around $1500. :laughing Love how they make up breed names for a mix breed to get $$$ out of the dolts looking for a canine fashion accessory.

Arch is pretty much spot on with the $100 if it has its shots already. ANythign more than $100 I expect to have AKC papers with it.

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
I've been looking for dogs as well and I've read that a lot of people won't "give" you a dog because it doesn't guarantee that you are able to afford to care for it... I'd say $100-$150 is fair, or just offer to reimburse them for their investment in the dog so far (vet costs, shots, neutering, etc).

And post a damn pic Terra!!!

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I'm familiar with that approach with the "dont list your pet for free" issues.

I was thinking $1-200.

Thanks for the info everyone. If I break down and do this I will post a pic for sure.

Im thinking about it. Man, Mouse is gonna kill me. LOLOL

.... "sooooo ummm yea, I accidently got a dog today"

lol

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
If it is a puppy mill pup just be aware of all the problems that are much more common for dogs that come from puppy mills, and the vet bills. I really hate puppy mills and I wish I could blow them all up.

Boston Terriers are some awesome dogs though! The smartest dog I've ever owned hands down. Just a few potential health risks w/ bostons; Cherry eye, breathing difficulties (if he has the boston short snout), and patellar luxation - most common problem is their knee popping out. Boomer already had a cherry eye incident but thankfully it popped back in by itself, it looks like a little cherry coming out the corner of their eye, kinda gross. Other then that they are awesome with other dogs, and are easily trained. Boomer learned to scratch and cry at the door when he had to go in 2 days. He only cried in his cage for the first 3 nights, then after a couple of weeks I just let him sleep in the bed with me, and he slept all the through the night without any accidents. He goes right to his cage when I'm on my way to work, and he just turned 4 months old 2 days ago. Okay, I'll stop bragging about my fur son now, haha! I don't think I've ever seen a boston/chi mix, so you'll have to post pics.

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
awww ill bet he's adorable. im jealous...i love those dogs...i want it :(

Found out this guy deals through the Petland franchise. And once again, no shock. I found these dogs caged up in the back of a tiny fish supply store. The inbread workers (2) who appeared to be family (no pun intended) were horrible. This is a total shady situation. I only want to get this dog so I can save him from these people. But I dont want to support this place. So I offered them $200 thinking that would be attractive, and they battled me with trying to sell a "designer mix breed" and oh man, the story just gets worse after that. he wont take less then $600 for the dog.

And now, Im upset because I am worried that he is pricing all of these misbred dogs too high and that they are suffering in those chickenwire cages under horrible care taking. But there is no way I can support this by giving them $$ to increase their profits.

Petland has the WORST pets ever. I have never seen such horrible displays before, and the dirtyness, and the horrible care takers. Every store is worse then the last from my observances, all the way up from Floriday to Minnesota.

Anyway, yea, Im pretty well versed in animal care, and all that puppymill stuff and for the most part, in breeds, etc etc etc.

Plus Im old so I know stuff.

Anyway, end of thread.

Im sad now.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Found out this guy deals through the Petland franchise. And once again, no shock. I found these dogs caged up in the back of a tiny fish supply store. The inbread workers (2) who appeared to be family (no pun intended) were horrible. This is a total shady situation. I only want to get this dog so I can save him from these people. But I dont want to support this place. So I offered them $200 thinking that would be attractive, and they battled me with trying to sell a "designer mix breed" and oh man, the story just gets worse after that. he wont take less then $600 for the dog.

And now, Im upset because I am worried that he is pricing all of these misbred dogs too high and that they are suffering in those chickenwire cages under horrible care taking. But there is no way I can support this by giving them $$ to increase their profits.

Petland has the WORST pets ever. I have never seen such horrible displays before, and the dirtyness, and the horrible care takers. Every store is worse then the last from my observances, all the way up from Floriday to Minnesota.

Anyway, yea, Im pretty well versed in animal care, and all that puppymill stuff and for the most part, in breeds, etc etc etc.

Anyway, end of thread.

Im sad now.
:( that makes me sad too :(

I still say let's steal him :evil: ninja style
:jester

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OH man, HOW EVEN MORE SHADY.... the company name includes petland, but there is a small disclaimer stating "not affiliated with any other stores".

So its not Petland affiliated.

Wow.

You know how I say I love stupid people. I hope for the sake of animal kindness that some people are not stupid enough to fall for the acts of these people.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I know. Its a catch 22.

I dont like to lose in situations like this.

that's why Im upset.
let's throw bricks thru their windows, I know someone that has some spare bricks dedicated to be thrown at people/things

:jester

·
Go ahead, I'll catch up
1,230 Posts

Anyway, end of thread.

Im sad now.
Hey, there is a website called www.nopuppymills.com that may provide some insight on the biz. I am trying to think of a way to get this guy closed or something but unfortunately, he probably isn't doing anything illegal. On the front page of the site there is a link that helps find the origin of a dog bought at a pet store.

Ride safe

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I get so rawled up over thinking about how worse this is at other places like puppy mills and such that I have to close my mind, because otherwise I would probably liquidate and focus my entire life purpose on ending situations like this.

I need to find a job where I can make a lot of money helping animals and people rather then sleeping the days away through corporate ladder moves.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts