Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who else here has started their Christmas shopping? I started a month ago. I get really compulsive and sometimes I just have to buy stuff, so I get presents instead.

Today, I bought my boyfriend his birthday present. His birthday is in February. I feel like I'm nuts sometimes. :wonder

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
I usually go after thanksgiving when all the sales are on :)

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
I'm normally in bumfuck Missouri for Thanksgiving so I go to the nearby big town and shop all the Black Friday sales... Typically the crowds consists of morbidly obese people and even more morbidly obese people on scooters (all of which are wearing spandex) so I just have to walk faster than them and I can get first dibs on everything I want! Whatever I don't get on Black Friday I buy on Xmas Eve... My only two days to shop during the Xmas season!!

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
Eh, this year I am keeping it simple and boring....Gift Cards for everyone! I never know what to get my mom and sister and they never tell me what they want so they get GC to their favorite stores and I'm done! LOL. I would like to go out on Black Friday just because it is fun to get out there all early and get some good deals.

I guess there is nothing wrong with being ahead of the game! :)

·
Banned
513 Posts
hmm, xmas shopping...
i have a tendency to keep my eyes open all year around for those special presents for each person that is special in my life...

the bonus here, my family is twisted :) i made my mom cry(in a good way) one year because i gave her performance car parts..

this year im 1/2 temped to get my b/f's kids a motorcross bike... i gave them all helmits last year..

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
I have started a little bit, but only because I sell Southern Living at Home stuff and I've pulled some catalog items as gifts. I am coming to Chicago for two weeks and I'd really like to spend time with friends and family and not have to spend time shopping.

This year I'm going to drive up, so I'll actually be able to bring whatever gifts I want and not have to worry about carrying them on the plane-- last year I had to buy only gifts that were small...that sucked!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
My family is very small, and spread out all over the country so i do my shopping online. Nice and easy!

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
For all you internet shoppers, here's a good site. It moves fast though.
on that note I'll share a site I LOVE:
www.endless.com

awesome search functions, better sales prices than macy's or DSW (so I've seen so far...) and the -$5 for overnight shipping is no joke. I ordered 4pm monday and they arrived by lunch the next day.

2,208 Posts
I havent started yet, except for getting my 2 1/2 year old some stuff. Christmas is gonna be tight this year (with trying to pay for the wedding and debt and all)

However, Eric's feeling is that you should always splurge and make Christmas special for a little one. Eric's childhood, much like mine, was based upon parents who didn't have much. Eric says his parents still always went well over the top for him and his bros for Christmas so we should do the same for Anthony. (God bless that man, he's great!)

So, I'm gonn start buying little by little when there are sales going on and stuff.

·
CUBS fan, not a SOX hater
2,275 Posts
I'm almost done. I shop all year round. This summer I was at the coach store, and they had a blow out on leather winter gloves.$14.99!!! These are $120 gloves..I bought 3 pairs..lol.

I am a big time shopper, and love designer stuff...so when I see deals, I jump on them!

Nicole

1 - 11 of 11 Posts