Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TOOS Racing
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone w/ a mortgage from citibank received a letter requesting that their original property tax bill be sent into them. it came w/ a postage paid envelope so it looks legit. just wondering.

·
Retired but still working
1,089 Posts
I have Citibank. I have not received this type of letter (yet). I am having an issue with my last statement though - makes no sense at all. I hope they ask me for my tax bill.

·
My lil Stunt Girl
1,004 Posts
This was on the news. It is legit. The mortgage companies do not want to pay the $5 service fee. By having the original they can mail it in and there is no charge. But they are obligated to pay. SO even if you do not send it to them, they will have to pay it. There is another thread about this already.

·
TOOS Racing
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll send it in then, they were nice enough to loan me a bunch of money so i will save them the $5. it is due the 16th so if anyone is going to send it in they should hurry.

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
I have citimortgage and I too got the letter. I think my tax bill gets sent directly to them anyways so I don't know what to do about it. I'm going to call them today or tomorrow.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I've not gotten a letter about it yet, but DID receive the tax bills from cook county assessor's office. Since everything is paid in escrow, I keep the bill, they pay the tax for me. But, if that letter does come, I'll make a copy of my tax bill and then send it along.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Send them a bill along with it for a $5.00 handling charge. :D

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
I guess that happens to a mortgage company when you right off nearly 8 billion in loans in the last week.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Send them a bill along with it for a $5.00 handling charge. :D
Oh and in the fine print of the bill you send them add in a late fee for after 30 days that is the exact balance of your mortgage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts