Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chattin' with Babette, Moto, Underdog and a few other city peeps and it looks like we're going to have a city ride planned for Sunday. Now I KNOW it's supposed to rain so it's obviously weather-permitting, but if the roads are dry we'll definitely be out. Just from talking to everyone it sounds like this will be more of a casual jaunt through the city... i don't have any specific routes in mind but I'm sure we can figure that out as we go. I was thinking of meeting around... oh... 11:00AM (maybe we could make it noon if everyone's hungover from Grover's party) at the Amoco on Fullerton and Sheffield (right by DePaul there). Let me know how this sounds and we'll work it from there.

Oh and of course this isn't limited to city peeps.. if any of you suburb-folk wanna come in... the more the merrier!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I might be up for this...weather permitting of course.

Doc

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Damnit... i knew I should have waited until Jan. to take the bike in.

Should have bought a new streetbike instead of a car.:evil

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cherrypicker said:
Damnit... i knew I should have waited until Jan. to take the bike in.

Should have bought a new streetbike instead of a car.:evil
Naw dude you gotta love the pimpin' corolla :)

We'll just stop by chicago cycle on the way back sunday morning and 'borrow' a 'demo' bike for you to ride dude :) hahaha:laughing

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Weather permiting, I'd like to get some riding in Sunday, too.

Are youse planing on staying close to downtown or going north or west? Me, Babette, and a few others are further west (I'm on Chicago-Elmwood Park border, Michael is close by too), if you ride west maybe some of us can meet youse there and see what happens?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Norseman82 said:
Weather permiting, I'd like to get some riding in Sunday, too.

Are youse planing on staying close to downtown or going north or west? Me, Babette, and a few others are further west (I'm on Chicago-Elmwood Park border, Michael is close by too), if you ride west maybe some of us can meet youse there and see what happens?
I was planning on staying rather close to downtown... how far north/west are we talking here?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Norseman: I don't mind the city, I always ride out west, so I'm kind bored with the lame scenary and cold tires aren't fun through crappy back roads with gravel/dirt and road construction.

Downtown it'll be even warmer anyway. :D I don't mind a nice, leisurely ride around the city. I'm just wanting to ride, haven't seen the bike in a while :( Need to get out and get the bike fix because it starts to snow :rolleyes BTW: I'm glad it's later in the morning, gonna be up late, I'll need to rest. :laughing

·
GRAND POOBAH!!!!!!!!!
96 Posts
I'd go but um well yea....
Anybody gotta brake lever and foot peg for a fz1?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bartman said:
I'd go but um well yea....
Anybody gotta brake lever and foot peg for a fz1?
:rofl oh man at least you can joke about it dude. Don't worry... she'll be back up and better than new in no time. At least everyone's okay yknow!!

Take care buddy and lemme know if there's anything I can do to help ya out...

peace

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Stydie said:

I was planning on staying rather close to downtown... how far north/west are we talking here?
If you are planning to stay close to downtown no problem, I can meet where you posted.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I plan for my wrist to stay stuck in the same position for most of this weekend. If there's no monsoon, I'll be in for this. Gotta 'rep the City.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's on

Alright... basically unless it's hailing out we're gonna meet at the Amoco on Fullerton at 11:00AM. I'll be there a little early. I was thinking we could ride around a bit and hit up twisted spoke for brunch ... mmmmm it's good.

614-226-5865 is my cell if ya have any questions/problems

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Re: It's on

Stydie said:
Alright... basically unless it's hailing out we're gonna meet at the Amoco on Fullerton at 11:00AM. I'll be there a little early. I was thinking we could ride around a bit and hit up twisted spoke for brunch ... mmmmm it's good.

614-226-5865 is my cell if ya have any questions/problems
10-4, I'll be there at 11 or 1115, give me a little extra time, gonna be sleepy :D :p Can't wait. So long as it doesn't rain, I'm coming.

BTW: For a funny tidbit, I rode to work today and it's freezing outside and looks like it's gonna rain on my way home tonight :rolleyes Oh well. :laughing Good thing I got the rain suit. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts