Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Addicted
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lmao:

Sooo what's everybodies plans for the off season? I'm hoping to put some fresh body work on, something a bit more subtle I think. Other than that just refreshing everything I think.

· ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,268 Posts
sitting on the bike hoping I get more ride time next year

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Major difference tween Sportbikes and SuMos - Wheelies are not considered clowning yet encouraged

Sweet shot man - Gotta love Steve and his "Oh Yeah Well Check Out My..." Ways

· Addicted
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get passed by R6's all the time. It has to be my bike slowing me down!
I used the excuse that it was the bike holding me back so I bought a daytona sportbike.... well I guess it wasn't the bike afterall cause I still didn't win :jester

Did go a second faster in the very next race weekend but still, wasn't able to get a win, just some 2nds

· The Plumber
1,257 Posts
All I plan to do is save for tires and track time. I need to get way more track time next year.
I never made it out to blackhawk this year and haven't been there since I messed up my bike pretty good trying to push street tires. My goal for next year is to get that little battered SV under the 1:20 mark, this time with real tires.

· God forgives, we don't
210 Posts
Motor is out. New head gasket for the gixxer, new seals all around, suspension refresh, then I need to find a darn 750 motor. If the opportunity presents itself sell the sixxer and move onto a liter bike. 300lbs on a 105whp bike is no bueno after a while. I want to be lazier as I get older :lol:

· El Speedy Gonzales
719 Posts
I get passed by R6's all the time. It has to be my bike slowing me down!
Easy fix, throw a 750 motor in that Giggy and get down!!

I have no experience going from a GSXR to an R6 but is the diff. really that much??

I went from my stock suspension 08 R6v with all bolt ons (rearsets, exh, clip ons, perf. mods etc.) to a track only fully set up with Ohlins front and rear R6S and I can say that I was faster on that bike. Suspension felt l great and the lighter R6s is easy to man handle. Once I got comfortable with it, I was going faster than I did last year. Sux I only went out 3 times this year :mecry: so I can't say I was FULLY comfortable but none the less, it felt awesome!! I do miss my 08 tho.. that thing looked fly..lol.. I did keep my gold wheels which are on the track bike now though..hehe

Attachments

· Addicted
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The R6's are pretty good out of the box, and a lot of people run them so it's easy to get setup advice etc. I know I've been battling them all year and when you look at the points for amature middle weights it's R6, R6, R6, R6, ZX6R, R6, R6, so they must be doing something right.

For example:

Attachments

· Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
I was kidding about the bike instantly making me faster. I just want an R6 with suspension nice brakes and a quickshifter. I have a motorcycle ADD problem, and I'm bored with the gixxer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.