Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys wear when it gets cold out. I don't know if my money is better spent on another jacket or an electric vest. I even considered a regular winter jacket with Bohn Armor under it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Down to around 36 F I have worn a pair of the Sidewinders Polartec lined jeans that are softer than my regular jeans and incredibly warm. The polartec even helps block the wind. On top I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic armored coat that is hip length with the extra liner in it along with a polartec fleece pullover under it as well. Also have a Maxit hood that is long enough to cover the neck, light enough to wear under the helmet and is cross-woven so it blocks the wind. Winter glove liners to fit under the riding gloves which I go one size up on to give me the extra room needed.

Tom

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
gulpacoke said:
Jeans and a jacket.. but I have never laid claim to fame for having brains or feelings..
lol So true.

When it gets that cold, the Power Ranger suit goes into effect. But at 40 of less it gets questionable I ride.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
long johns under the jeans and a leather jacket, or first gear cord jacket with liner, gloves and helmet. not cold enough yet for any of this yet by the way!

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
the key is LAYERS;)
termo undies, under your pants...a wind breaker pants over your long jones..then your jeans, upper body termo undie shirt, then a wind breaker, then a shirt then a flannel..then my leather jacket.

In the winter...winter boots with termo socks...and take frequent breaks...also a balaclava (sp?) those things that look like ski mask...PROTECT you neck from getting wind chilled...that alone will keep you a lot warmer cause of your side arteries in your neck...once that blood starts getting chilled..it will lower your body temp FAST.

hope this help;)

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
wife beater shirt, baggy shorts and flip-flops for cold weather.:D:D:D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
YZFRob said:
wife beater shirt, baggy shorts and flip-flops for cold weather.:D:D:D
thats cause your well insulated

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
pretty much what everyone else said....layers!
usually, 2 pairs of socks, warmup pants under jeans, fleece, leather alpinestars jacket, stretchy gloves under riding gloves, and a scarf.
be careful with the layers though....you don't wanna over-do it, cuz you still wanna be able to move around

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good idea about the fleece-lined jeans. I hadn't thought of that one. I have insulated boots, good winter gloves (a little bulky,though), A hooded sweatshirt with the hood up is nice. I usually wear one of those ear warmers around my neck. I was mostly curious about jackets. My leather jacket is perforated and my one piece is too tight to wear much under it. Anyone tried snowmobile jackets? Are they warm or just waterproofing? I'm figuring on riding in temps in the 30's. Riding to work means riding at 6am or 10pm. I also have to be able to carry the extra stuff at 2pm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts