Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
guito
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to keep my fingers from cracking off on these mild temperature days I was hoping to get some advice on some good riding gloves? I still have a long jaunt back to MI the day before Thansgiving to store the bike for the winter and I've been gettign nervouse with all the cold weather we've been getting.

Suggestions?? Type, Place to buy, preferably in the city??

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
Heated grips, problem solved, you'll want them on every bike after trying them once.

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
hate to say it, but look at harley cold weather gloves...they make them with almost no printing on them, and have gortex lining on them...and make sure you get GAUNTLET style gloves and nothing else for the cold weather seasons...

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Ok, I know Rick might chime in with some advice as well as a few others. The winters that I rode through while there I had big gloves like those posted. But I found them cumbersome and bulky. Plus they kill the sense of touch.
I think you might want to look into heated grips. Wear what you want and the hands stay warm. You sacrifice nothing.
Do a search on winter threads. I'm sure they're some still around after the major overhaul cleanup Tony and Ken did. :)

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
While not very good lookin, those look WARM!
Dude your freezing and you want them to look good? I preferr to be warm could careless about how they look. Plus no one is looking at your gloves they are looking you saying I Bet you he is freezing his ass off

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
I have a nice Harley set you can have for beer let me know and I will dig them out. I have a normal size hand. If that helps about size.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
I use glove liners, that are made for skiers, they have aluminum thread woven thru them, reflect heat back to your hand, but your best bet is order the heated grips from dual-star.com, $32, shipped:rockin heated gloves are a PIA:2cents: I would never bother.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've got a pair of snowmobiling gloves that keep my hands nice and warm. They're waterproof, they're warm, they have long gauntlets, and they have reflective piping around the knuckles. I actually got them a few years ago when I was visiting MA, and bought them at Eastern Mountain Sports. However, gloves of this type must be available around here too.

Keytickler

·
batterytenderismyfriend!!
614 Posts
I actually commute every day on the bike and purchased these water proof, wind proof and completely warm plus they add a extra wind and water protection that covers the glove it self

Completely happy and I dont have heated grips

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/ins...ur_master/winter_elite_motorcycle_gloves.html
Are those the ones that kept you warm on those -20* rides? I went out today with some thin, cloth gloves under my icon gloves and couldn't feel my hands after ~10 mins of riding... took about 20 mins inside my house to get the feeling back haha.. I'm going to order those gloves from newenough asap!
As for the heated grips, I could see it helping to a certain extent, but when it's 0*F outside and there's wind blowing from the front right into your fingers, the grips on the palm won't help much... that's my guess anyway, but everyone has their own opinion

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Are those the ones that kept you warm on those -20* rides? I went out today with some thin, cloth gloves under my icon gloves and couldn't feel my hands after ~10 mins of riding... took about 20 mins inside my house to get the feeling back haha.. I'm going to order those gloves from newenough asap!
As for the heated grips, I could see it helping to a certain extent, but when it's 0*F outside and there's wind blowing from the front right into your fingers, the grips on the palm won't help much... that's my guess anyway, but everyone has their own opinion
yes also had a pair of thin under amor liners in there but really didnt need them

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
For > 40deg and < 3 hours I would just put some surgical gloves on under my normal gloves and tape off the vents. Not the greatest fix in the world, but I never enjoyed riding on cold/salty streets enough to need anything more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts