Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some of the recommended facilities for computrainer classes? I've only done the Vision Quest (naperville) ones sporadically the last few years and its been good but want to see what else is out there. I use my trainer at home now mostly but its hard to replicate the intensity. So cool kids, where do you go?

·
DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
I float around depending on who I'm riding with and what times. Bike Rack in St. Charles is my preferred choice, but I will do a Sammys class or Village Cycle or Well Fit downtown. There is also Endure It, Bicycle Heaven, and many others. The facility, people you ride with, and software affect my choices. Endure It probably has the nicest facility from what I've seen, Bike Rack the best software, and Well Fit for the fittest riders.

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Fit is out, I want to look comparatively awesome! Where do the fat and out of shape people go? Probably not where the best classes are...:lmao:

·
Registered
17,205 Posts
I've done VQ and Endureit. Endureit is nicer but I got more out of VQs program. Quite honestly, I've gotten some private coaching this year that opened my eyes to some tricks these computrainer places play on people with numbers. Most of them work with what's really a Critical power number. It's not an FTP by definition. A real FTP test is crazy! Not that the numbers make a difference much but if you compare it to pros and other top athletes to see where you are an where you need to be your going to be way off using a critical power number. If you're making improvement though that's all that matters. Personally, I stopped improving with the cookie cutter CT programs so I had a program specifically designed for me. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
17,205 Posts
Oh.....:)

And if you have a trainer/HR monitor/and or a powermeter/and some self discipline there is a program out there that is better than any of the computrainer classes I've been to. It's from a coach that puts it out on beginnertriathlete.com it's called Jorge's Winter cycling program. Seriously good stuff there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.