Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received a letter in the mail from their mortgage company asking for the original property tax bill? I just received one today, and it sounds like there is a service fee from the county that the mortgage companies don't want to pay.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
i got one to, just sent the bill away. No service fee here. WHo's your mortgage company?

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
They don't want to pay the $5 cook county is charging to pay it electronicly (which is a gip 'cause it costs them nowhere near that - its bullshit revenue generation) and I don't blame them.

Make a copy before you send it in, but legally, they have to pay your bill even if you don't send it to them. They need the origonal so they can mail it in.

:laughing:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Don't they pay with your money anyway? (escrowed)
thats why they want you to mail it..They make interest off that $

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
I got one too. I thought it was a scam, but maybe not.

·
My lil Stunt Girl
1,004 Posts
Yes, it was on the news today. There is a $5 fee for the mortgage company paying it online. They do not want to pay the 5 buck so they are asking for hte original. The news said they are required to pay even if you do not send the original.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
As far as I know, they can't use your escrow account to pay for anything but taxes. They can't use it to pay service fees.
I wouldn't doubt this, but I would also wonder if one could sign a document authorizing the payment thereof that they keep on file just to avoid this silly waste of time for everyone.

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
My letter said something like we will charged a fee if we don't send them the bill by a certain date. What's to stop them from charging us a $10.00 "service fee" even though they're only paying $5.

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
Got it and sent it off. They just needed the stub or bottom portion. I figure if I don't send it and they pay the fee, I'll end up paying for it as a service charge somewhere down the line. Stupid county.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts