Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding my zuma on Holstead at 8:45 AM in Chicago's typical Sunday morning and cops pull me over. A captain no doubt too. So my question is is it so dangerous to have the hot girls on front if Im on back driving? He said it's dangerous.

So in the end the girl took a taxi and left me trying not to smile at the captain because they obviously mis read the fact that Im the happiest guy in the world after banging the hottest .... okay so I digress.

Ended up letting me go but not after reading me the right act. I do so poor with authority too. I know there are quite a few police on the forum so someone give me advice. If it was my district they know my name ;)

Said I needed two mirrors - insurance - Class M license and went on and on. Its a Zuma50 for god sakes. I personally think mirrors are dangerous and you should look the F*ck back at the car that probably doesn't see you. Do I really need insurance?

Comments?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Every vehicle that is licensed and uses the public roadway must be insured for the minimum amount required by law...that's the law in Illinois. No...you don't need an "M" class endorsement on your license for a 50 cc bike/scooter BUT... YOU DO NEED A CLASS "L" endorsement...AND... it doesn't matter whether you think mirrors are dangerous...the law requires them.
So let's see...If you don't have at least an "L" endorsement on your license, you don't have insurance, no mirrors and you were improperly carrying a passenger in a manner that is illegal you got a pass on at least 4 movers and the license violation and lack of insurance should have gotten you taken into custody or at least gotten the scoot towed and possibly impounded................Someone who's been riding for 41 years should know better!
Good thing the Cop was in a forgiving mood and didn't want the hassle of writing you and going to court. If it hadn't been an upper level officer you likely wouldn't have been so lucky.

EDIT: Since i gave you the advice you better post the pics the other guys want or suffer serious consequences!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Every vehicle that is licensed and uses the public roadway must be insured for the minimum amount required by law...that's the law in Illinois. No...you don't need an "M" class endorsement on your license for a 50 cc bike/scooter BUT... YOU DO NEED A CLASS "L" endorsement...AND... it doesn't matter whether you think mirrors are dangerous...the law requires them.
So let's see...If you don't have at least an "L" endorsement on your license, you don't have insurance, no mirrors and you were improperly carrying a passenger in a manner that is illegal you got a pass on at least 4 movers and the license violation and lack of insurance should have gotten you taken into custody or at least gotten the scoot towed and possibly impounded................Someone who's been riding for 41 years should know better!
Good thing the Cop was in a forgiving mood and didn't want the hassle of writing you and going to court. If it hadn't been an upper level officer you likely wouldn't have been so lucky.

EDIT: Since i gave you the advice you better post the pics the other guys want or suffer serious consequences!
Don't think u need a L, L is like 50-125 cc or something. Zuma and ruckus are 49cc for this exact reason.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
riding my zuma on Holstead at 8:45 AM in Chicago's typical Sunday morning and cops pull me over. A captain no doubt too. So my question is is it so dangerous to have the hot girls on front if Im on back driving? He said it's dangerous.

So in the end the girl took a taxi and left me trying not to smile at the captain because they obviously mis read the fact that Im the happiest guy in the world after banging the hottest .... okay so I digress.

Ended up letting me go but not after reading me the right act. I do so poor with authority too. I know there are quite a few police on the forum so someone give me advice. If it was my district they know my name ;)

Said I needed two mirrors - insurance - Class M license and went on and on. Its a Zuma50 for god sakes. I personally think mirrors are dangerous and you should look the F*ck back at the car that probably doesn't see you. Do I really need insurance?

Comments?

without pics, it sounds like you were riding a moped.

the girl not the bike.

·
let's find some twisty's
290 Posts

:stupid:

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Don't think u need a L, L is like 50-125 cc or something. Zuma and ruckus are 49cc for this exact reason.
The wording of the law is clear: Class "L"= ANY motor driven cycle 0 to 150cc displacement.

Class "M"= Any motocycle 150cc or larger displacement.

I did a search to make sure the law hasn't changed recently and according to everthing that came up, it has not.

AND... just to be clear...I didn't say (or mean to imply) the law required 2 mirrors, just that it didn't matter what the IP thought about the safety of mirrors, mirrors are required by law.

I tried to get the IP to post the pics of this hottie he supposedly had on the handlebars but, at this point I think Grasshopper has it correct...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.