Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
My friend Nikki works for Cycle Gear, and has transfered here to Chicago, to help them set up the shop. Bad time to try and open a shop, especially here in Chicago, but she just helps manage 'em.

They'll be quietly "soft opening" in a week or two.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
The bigger question is whether Chicago Performance is happy that this is a sign that retail sales in the motorcycle world are improving or angry because an online retailer stomped out all the local retailers before putting in their own brick and mortar?

:laughing You had it coming, Ken!

5,593 Posts
Parts or just gear?

·
Pierced & tattooed freak!
3,044 Posts
Kinda close to the D-Store too. Questionable move here timing-wise too.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
They focus on the cheaper lines of stuff.....cause you know sportbikers are cheap:)

However, they do a ton of research before they ever open a new location. That's why they have over a 100 stores nationwide....they didn't get their being stupid.

I went to the one here in Louisville and wasn't impressed either....however it was exactly what I expected and most don't know the difference.

·
DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
The bigger question is whether Chicago Performance is happy that this is a sign that retail sales in the motorcycle world are improving or angry because an online retailer stomped out all the local retailers before putting in their own brick and mortar?

:laughing You had it coming, Ken!
This is good news! This definitely means the industry is recovering and people are making so much money now! :lmao: So I guess the business plan that made them grow is now obsolete and they think a brick and mortar store will work? :lmao: OK. Yes I am pissed off now! This will cut my retail apparel sales in half! How will I pay my water bill now? :laughing: However, if somebody takes me out to lunch this month my retail apparel margins are back on track! :lmao: No, I don't give a crap. The only divisions in this industry that are thriving are ones that have a price protection built in. i.e. Ducati, Triumph, possibly Dainese etc. All the jap stuff and anything that can be sold online at a discount will suffer and continue to do so despite people not realizing that is the reason and not intelligence, customer service, capital, etc.

·
I don't know...
5,167 Posts
This is good news! This definitely means the industry is recovering and people are making so much money now! :lmao: So I guess the business plan that made them grow is now obsolete and they think a brick and mortar store will work? :lmao: OK. Yes I am pissed off now! This will cut my retail apparel sales in half! How will I pay my water bill now? :laughing: However, if somebody takes me out to lunch this month my retail apparel margins are back on track! :lmao: No, I don't give a crap. The only divisions in this industry that are thriving are ones that have a price protection built in. i.e. Ducati, Triumph, possibly Dainese etc. All the jap stuff and anything that can be sold online at a discount will suffer and continue to do so despite people not realizing that is the reason and not intelligence, customer service, capital, etc.
I buy you some Portillos. lets go in schaumburg and than we go next door gear shopping.:nutkick:

·
God forgives, we don't
210 Posts
Cycle gear has pretty crappy gear overall. We had a ton of them around back in TX. If you need tires or need tire installation in a pinch they come in real handy. Also they were blowing out the Hero2s a couple weeks back. Might still be doing it.

5,593 Posts
I'd like a place that sells used OEM stuff .some new parts, high perf. stuff on the shelves.

Fast track in Des plains is along those lines.Yet to far from home for a quick visit.

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,060 Posts
they sell crap.............

like Dainese, Shoei, Alpinestars, Fox, GoPro...............:lmao:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.