Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so how many times is this :mad thing gonna have to be changed out on my bike???

Mark:p

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Is it being recalled or just making noise? They commonly make noise without any problem. If it's not being warranteed and you have to get it changed look into a manual CCT that is adjustable. I think APE makes them.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Tom, On the Kaw's I think they usually just hide the cam chain in the middle of the engine so you can't hear it.:twofinger

Dog,
Get used to it or buy a manual. I have a manual one that I'm having installed this winter.

I've replaced the stock one twice and it came back each time within 5000 miles or less.

Just try and keep the revs under 5k or over 6k. It's only noticeable in that range.

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wolfgang said:
How many miles do you have on that bike? I have not had a problem with this infamous cct thing yet.

I've got just over 9,000 miles on her. Not bad considering I bought her in April with 3,000 and this is my first year riding.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
You guys are all feather weights as far as mileage.

I did 3k the first month I had my bike.

I am the Chicagoland CBR mileage king Bwahahahaha!!!!:evil

Helps to be single with no social life. :rolleyes :helmet

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michael said:

living 800 miles from civilization doesn't hurt either :twofinger :D
:rofl

·
Show me yo' twisties!!!
654 Posts
Can someone post a link on where one could get a manual CCT for a 91 CBR F2?

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
BlackZX7R said:
Can someone post a link on where one could get a manual CCT for a 91 CBR F2?
Marrietta Motorsports @ 1-888-FASTLAP should have them. I got one for my F4i from them for about $50 I think.

G

·
Are you guys talking about the ticking noise on the bike. I was wondering what is mine has been doing it alot more and starting to do it when i down shift. 00 F4 600. ?

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
VIVID1 said:
me either... no problems yet............I've got 11,600 miles now so I think I'm good
I didn't notice the noise much until I read about it... aminly because this was my first bike so I had nothing ot compare it to. If you're used to it you porbably don't notice. It's only from about 5k-6k RPM when you at part throttle. In 6th gear that's 60-70mph. At that speed you won't hear it over the wind. It's most noticeable when you've downshifting into 2nd gear at around 40mph and the revs go through that range as you slow to 20 or 30 for a normal street turn.

The other day I had on my noisy HJC helmet and that cam chain rattle was driving me nuts.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
f4tdq4u said:
Are you guys talking about the ticking noise on the bike. I was wondering what is mine has been doing it alot more and starting to do it when i down shift. 00 F4 600. ?
It's more of a rattle that a tick. Do you know what a chain sounds like, ride wihtout your helmet on at 10mph and listen to the drive chain. No take that noise and make it higher pitched and more of a rattle like pouring a bucket of ball bearings into a thick steel drum.

If you rev you engine up to 5k RPM you should be able to hear it. Maybe your lucky and the tensioner still works. I'm not sure why some will fail and others don't. It's not so much that the part breaks, as the poring that tensions it wears down. The chain must resonate at 5-6kRPM so it's harder to control the slack in the chain at that speed.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
didnt know there were so many problems with those things on your guys bike..that would suck to keep messing with them:(

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
didnt know there were so many problems with those things on your guys bike..that would suck to keep messing with them:(

The Honda 600's always had that problem. It's more of an annoyance than anything. Usually doesn't hurt anything it just gets noisy.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Crazy said:

The Honda 600's always had that problem. It's more of an annoyance than anything. Usually doesn't hurt anything it just gets noisy.
Kind fo tells you 2 things about Hondas engine development. 1) the orginal CBR600 realyl had a great engine. 2) Honda realyl hasn't made very many changes to the engine in the last 14 years.

I don't think Kawasaki has made many changes either since the ZX6 of old. Go figure both are very torquey, powerful and reliable power plants.

Both the Gixxer and R6 have made drastic changes. The R6 motor is compeltely new from the 600R, and I'm pretty sure the new Gixxer 600 engien is totally redesigned, because the old one was a total dog. They were known for having a great chassis but weak peaky motor.

I wroked on a project to build a race car using a 600cc motorccyle engine back in '97. All the good teams always used ZX6 or F3 motors mostly because they had better midrange power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts