1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Slow Poke
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I saw it on the CCS board today, too. I sure hope it's true!!!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
kool should be fun next season

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Saw this email from Mrs Irwin about Blackhawk Farms on the Compost List.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:43 AM
To:
Subject: RE:

Hi,

As you read this, repaving of the track is in process. Hopefully, I will be able to upload some pictures of the process onto the website (no promises, but Ill try)

Hope you have a great winter!

Nancy Irwin

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Isn't it a little cold to be doing paving work? I thought the asphalt plants were all shutting down around now.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Odysseys said:
humm i wonder how much they are gonna price goudge next year for track rentals?
****in my best Dr. Evil voice******

" One BILLION dollars per day " :laughing :laughing

Think about it though....they are the ONLY roadrace track within 2 hours of chicagoland. This creates a high demand, then you look at what other orgs. with pretty deep pockets all use the track....." SCCA, Ferrari owns club, Porshe owners club, Lake Forest Sports Car Club, CCS Racing....ect" lets face it.....if you or I owned the track, we'd be dumb to rent it out for "less than market value" right? Plus the endless legal crap they must go through that we never hear a whole lot about....

I'm gonna try to stay positve and hope the resurfacing is done well and track rentals remain consistant.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
vtr996 said:
Think about it though....they are the ONLY roadrace track within 2 hours of chicagoland.
Gingerman isn't much farther for most of you. For me, it's actually closer and it's my opinion that it's a more fun/technical course than blackhawk. Just look out for the dip on the inside of the last turn before the straight :D

Doc

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Isn't it a little cold to be doing paving work? I thought the asphalt plants were all shutting down around now.
Actually....anout 55-65 degrees is optimal for application. It actually will help it cure a little better than a 100 degree day. That's why when you see repaving construction going on and it's a main road, they are normally laying it early/late in the day or over night and not in the middle of the day. Only thing you really see being done during the day are non main travel-ways like shoulders.

I'm kinda excited about fresh surface.

Ciao,
Lupi

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
i hope they leave the dip in turn 6!:bs

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
(in my best Jessica Rabbit voice) Diiiiiip!!! NOOOOO!!!:jester

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
funny thing is I never noticed that DIP

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
JimGoFast said:
i hope they leave the dip in turn 6!:bs

You mean the butt print in teh concrete? :laughing

My guess is they are leaving the concrete sections. But will see.

I wonder if a concrete company is laying the asphault? :rolleyes

(for those that dont know BHF's history, a asphault company poured the concrete a few years ago. Thats why teh butt print and foot prints are in 6:D)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ok, This will be cool
But they better be doing it right! Ripping up the whole track and then repaving! Cuz if they don't and just pave over the old shitty track it's gonna be worse than it was last year, after the first time they have a car event there.

But if they repave it and the track is all mint. I'm gonna have to bump down my goal next year for lap times...LOL:cheers :cheers :D :cheers

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Well it's got to be an improvement and I like the overall layout. I don't like the lack of run off and nearby trees and stuff. Having to think about what line to go with based on dodging hole, ripples and shit doesn't help either. Not that I'm in the mode to try and light up on any course, but I definately get in the cruise mode around there. You will know they are serious about fixing things up if they do something about the John. I guess it all builds charactor. :twofinger

BTW, didn't I hear that someone is building a road track around Aurora or Joliet? Maybe BH is trying to make changes to build a following before the competition comes on line.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Champ91 said:
funny thing is I never noticed that DIP
I was talking about the dip at Gingerman, not Blackhawk.

Doc

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Doc said:

I was talking about the dip at Gingerman, not Blackhawk.

Doc
Yamaha riders always slow to catch on!!!!!!!!!1 i was talking about the dip in turn 6a;) :twofinger

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I've got a link for the proposed Joliet facility... it's supposed to surpass VIR in terms of amenities and "posh". I'll dig it out when I get home tonight. BTW it's still in financing stages.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
KBOlsen said:
I've got a link for the proposed Joliet facility... it's supposed to surpass VIR in terms of amenities and "posh". I'll dig it out when I get home tonight. BTW it's still in financing stages.
maybe we should help to acquire the funding for them. That way we'd get dibs on track days. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts