Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is way cool. I had some 2003 computer reimbursement $$$ left over that was caught in an audit and had to blow a few bucks immediatly or loose it. I was thinking about a new and lighter notebook, or a faster PC, but decided to treat my eyes better since I stare at the monitor at work nonstop. So, I sprung for a new Monitor. I'm coming off a 5+ year old 19" CRT. All I can say is wow. How did I deal with anything else? This is like going from a 15" to a 19" monitor. Everything is so sharp and clear. Even the colors are much better. I sit with windows behind me at the office and this has almost no glare or flicker. This is clearly the best personal computer purchase I have made in years! :) The only bitch is I'm going to want one at home too and this beast wasn't cheap. Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.

So, post a couple of new pictures for me will you? :twofinger

·
SICK OF IT ALL
4,471 Posts
i got 3 pics for you

·
SICK OF IT ALL
4,471 Posts
pic 2

·
SICK OF IT ALL
4,471 Posts
pic 3

·
SICK OF IT ALL
4,471 Posts
pic 3 (oops)

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jim and Wayne I can't wait to waste time at the office to see the difference.
As for the other bum that disappeared. I was going to call you yesterday and ask if you and Brenda wanted to meet me and April for dinner sometime soon, but since you forgot how to use the phone another old friend called and we are meeting at Benny Hana next Monday. :flip I suppose you are still welcome if you are interested, only since Brenda is a nice lady. ;)

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now your talking. Something GREEN!

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
i have a dell 17 ultra sharp lcd monitor, they are THE SHIT! makes your computing experience much more enjoyable, they are sharp as hell and less fatiguing on the eyes.

is the native resolution of the 20.1 only 1280x1024 like the 17 inch? I wish mine was higher. Oh and if you arent running it at its native resolution you havent seen sharp yet. :cheers

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure about native as I have not heard that expression before in this context, but it has factory presets up to 1600x1200, but it drops to a 60Hz refresh rate. The highest at 75Hz is 1280x1024. I have it running at 1152x864 just so I don't have to look at microfont no matter how sharp it is. At least until I change my default font sizes.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
i'm totally jealous.

I'd run 1280x1024 at 75hz for everything but business stuff(when I tend to have about 5+ windows open all the time, then it would be [email protected] time. But thats just me, and I love mondo desktop space within windows.

nice nice, take a picture, show us.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
oh and native resolution refers to the actual number of pixels in the display. For example the native res of mine is 1280x1024. So when running the windows resolution the same yeilds a 1 to 1 pixel mapping and thus....a sweet looking picture.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Chris you need to run a dual-headed setup - not only does it sound cool you get a whole 'nother desktop. I dunno about windows but in linux I can run pretty much any AGP and PCI card.

Bruce - I'll talk to Brenda but she has stuff mon-wed night so I dunno. That monitor rocks - if I remember right it won a lot of awards/reviews. Very nice!!

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
windows can be ran dual head as well. there are video cars you can buy with multi output(different signals obviously), or you can run multiple video cards. I like alot of desktop space but I havent gone that far off the deep end yet. :laughing

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
go over to motograndprix.com and click on news for some nice large (1280x960) images. Crash.net has some nice pictures also. It's hard finding large, good quality images, I'm running at 1680x1050

1 - 20 of 30 Posts