Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's all going? I know Raven is down, just wondering if anybody else is. I live walking distance from the congress. If your driving, you can park your car by my place for free in the street, no zone sticker necessary. If you want to take your bike and not leave it in the street, we can put it inside the gate behind my apartment.

Pre game at Boilerroom enjoying some 7.50 PB+Js, then we'll walk over to the congress and I'll try to catch some of Yolandi's boob sweat in my mouth.

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
I usually get done with physical therapy at around 2pm, so any time after then
Sounds perfect, Brianne and I are taking half-day at work to avoid as much traffic as possible.

We're not exactly PB&J types, but if you have the stuff, I could mix up some really good Whiskey Old Fashions for us.

·
Registered Abuser
1,583 Posts
Damnit, why does this have to be 6 hours away? :mecry:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm pretty sure I was in the top 25 oldest there, but I thought they put on a very entertaining show. Lots of energy. I was surprised.

I was afraid to get any closer, but here are some pics.

Attachments

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
fatty boom boom!
So how was it for you? Sorry I didn't catch you, but I had to guard my woman and my spot up front.

I gather it was interesting ?
It was rough. I've been in mosh pits that were less rough. Music leading up to Die Antwoord was crap. We left right after they were on stage, and I didn't even realize there was another group coming up after them. LOL Seriously though, tripped out Raver kiddies are just too stupid for words. I almost got into several fights and had little raver girls clinging to me for protection when things got really bad. Trinite had this little hotty grinding up on him for a good portion of the show.

To say the least. We were pretty close to up front, which was pretty rough, but I had an awesome time.
Yeah, we were close enough that I almost got Ninja's Nike to the head when he crowd surfed.

Near the end of the show he dove off the center speakers and the raver kiddies didn't know what to do...they almost dropped him and he sank below shoulder level. You couldn't see him but you hear him say over the PA "WAT THE FOK CHICAGO!". And then Yolandi was like "hey...please don't eat him...I need him back...give him back!" then the crowed of raver kiddies popped him over the guard rail and back towards the stage.

It was pretty sad...fuckin' raver kiddies don't know what to do with a real group!

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
fun night, i felt old too, almost punched some ass who spilled beer on my back, a few dudes got too close to me for no reason, like who walks up to a strange dude(me) and stands so close youre touching? and both were with a chick, i was gonna choke someone out at one point but i forced myself to chill, fun night overall

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sounds like quite the show. I would have liked to have seen it but don't think I'd want to put up with that crowd. I grew up about a block away from the Congress Theater when it was a movie theater. They still brought live performance acts in now and then. Jerry Lewis. Sonny and Cher. Yepper big name shows huh? Logan Square. Walt Disney spent some time growing up there as a child. Moved away when he was young. Knute Rockne grew up there as well. My older sister was a friends with Marilu Henner. She has a memory. Those that grew up there know it as the Kingdom. Thanks for linking the video.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.