Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you take digital cameras through an x ray machine like at the airports or will the pictures be F'd up ? I assume its no different than a computers hard drive so there shouldnt be any problems. I have the Sony memory sticks.

Anyone confirm this ?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
It SHOULD be ok. Given a choice, I would put the memory in a pocket or something that can be hand inspected to avoid the issue entirely.

It's pretty unlikely that the Xray will toggle a bit in the flash memory.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good idea. Theyre small enough that I could put all 3 in my wallet or something. Im heading out tomorrow and dont want to lose tons of pictures on the way back.

Thanks Dave:)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
wow..good question!!!

thanks for asking...cause i surly didnt know.

i would pack them in your wifes purse or maybe in a small clear plastic baggy for them to inspect when you go threw the detector.

or simple do what jail house people do to get drugs into prison:evil

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and what would that be Ken ? Do you have personal knowledge of this ?:nono :nono :thumbsup

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Dude carry it like a laptop, a reg camera or a cell phone. They hand check those. Ya just need to turn them on to verify they are legit. As far as the x-ray. Dont sweat it. I have had my memory sticks x-rayd several times. No lost data yet. And the sticks are not compromised at all. At least so far. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts