Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You got the talkin' done
15,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to see some really filthy riding, watch Riccardo Russo try everything to beat Michael van der Mark, and lose.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I don't know... If you ignore the comentary and just watch the footage it looks like some pretty damn good motorcycle racing to me. If you think that is dirty what are motocross, flat track and harescramble racing? Those forms of racing must just be plain atrocious.

I mean damn! It's horrible to see racers get so close to each other and take each others lines away. Someone might get hurt or something. J/k

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Isn't that like comparing NASCAR to Sports Car racing? Or F1?
Both those guys are just full of piss and vinegar. They are aggressive and I think that makes it fun to watch. Both also have balls of steel. I wouldn't label the video as dirty racing. Aggressive yes, but dirty? Both are obviously playing at the same level.

I don't get to watch a lot of racing on TV like you do. You know a lot more than I do when it comes to different riders and their personalities. So I'm just a third party point of view but I am a racer and know the craft.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Sic would beg to differ

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Ever watch tapes of Rainey/Schwantz battles or Roberts/Sheene?
Personally all I saw here was aggressive racing where neither rider would back down...a whole lotta testosterone flowing there, boys...
An old GP MX World Champ racer from the '60's who was quite aggressive shut the door and put down many a competitor...If they confronted him, his only comment would be "We do NOT play ping pong!"...I think that's all that needed to be said.

If any form of motorcycle racing starts to decry aggressive riding, especially at the level these guys were racing, the sport would be "pussified" beyond recognition and would be as boring as watching paint dry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.