Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

How often do you wear you bucket?

• Everytime I am on the bike, even while waxing it.

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • 90 percent of the time. Short local rides maybe not.

Votes: 39 46.4%
  • 50 percent of the time, depends on weather

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • hardly ever, I am the Uber Squid

Votes: 3 3.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking fo Honest opinoins, I know I dint wear it all the time. But it seems like most do here.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Although I wear it a lot more than I used to, I'm hardly "religious" about it. Depends mostly on where I'm going and with whom.:helmet

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
This sounds really bad but I have to admitt I'll blast a couple of wheelies without the lid now and then around the neighborhood after I clean up the bike.

Just being honest.:cheers :-

·
M109R
562 Posts
I've gone to put gas in the bike a few times with out the lid, also to give my nephew a ride around the block other than that i always wear it

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i would vote but it wont let me.

but mine is 90% of the time..but its mostly 98% of the time since 5 years ago

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
:twofinger I've been know to take it off for sex and sleep... For sex on the bike I keep it on. :evil

·
3,613 Posts
I voted 90 percent of the time--it's just about like the voting option says, but anyways.. :)

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
me its more like 95% mabee around the block without it.

OOPS I forgot. I dont wear it if I borrow my buddies soft tail. Stupid I know but its generally to McDonalds at lunch or something.

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Yea about 90% of the time. I don't wear it if I got the woman on back. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because I'm afraid of giving her a concusion if I do wear it.:rofl

Mark:p

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Damn near all the time. I don't trust the idiots in my area to go on the street without it. Also, bugs are annoying. Cleaning my bike is bad enough, I don't want to find bugs and debris while I'm washing my hair in the shower. :nono

Call me chickensh*t, I get squirrely going above 10 mph without it.

Chris

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
99% of the time, unless im drinkin beer at a bbq and test riding bikes!:cheers ;) :cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also wear mine about 90% of the time. But Im trying to get in the habbit of wearing it all the time.:D
--Nick--

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i would say about 85% of the time. i always wear it on the highway and on longer rides. i also mostly always wear it when riding at night. sometimes on the short rides i won't wear it. oddly enough, when i started riding, i had my lid on 100% of the time. i could have been running to the dominicks behind my house and i'd have it on.
for the most part, i wear it.:helmet

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
yeah....sure you didn't....even with the warning, I'm sure everybody thinks "how bad could it be" so they click on it

·
3,613 Posts
Ernie said:
yeah....sure you didn't....even with the warning, I'm sure everybody thinks "how bad could it be" so they click on it
Got that right. That was some nasty shiz, Ernie. :nono

·
Registered
30 Posts
glad i've got mine finally

took me about 2 months before i got a good jacket, and i feel safer now, even though it pulls more air & jerks me around more than just skin. that link is the exact reason why our significant others don't like us going out without gear. i've seen too many wrecks to not wear my bucket, but if i'm driving to work, i'm an idiot and won't wear it. might mess up my hair!:confused

1 - 18 of 18 Posts