Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My last name is really Hayden and I'm fast enough already

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track school 2003 pricing finalized (please vote by Friday Nov. 22nd.)

Ok, I've finally compiled all of the information regarding the track schools for next year including any group discounts and below I have listed the top 3 options. Please vote for only 1. Once a decision has been made based on your votes I will then post again to find out how many will be attending and the date will be set. Please do not bastardize this thread, it will make things alot easier for me at the end. Thanks foir everybody's input so far. Options are listed by prices.

Option 1 VRS- Team Visionsports. Dates available in April and May at Blackhawk Farms. (Exact dates not yet finalized to my knowledge.) Cost: $ 225 per student.

Option 2 Jason Pridmore's Star School. June 16 at Road America. Pay for 5 students get the 6th one free. Cost dependent on how many enroll. not to exceed: $375 per student You can also get a new set of Dunlop 208 GP's for an additional $200 mounted that day at the track.

Option 3 Keith Code's CA Superbike School. June 2nd at Blackhawk Farms. No discounts offered. Cost: 395 per student

If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me.

Tom

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Doesnt one of those at road america let you use thier bikes also? I really dont want to tear mine up on the track.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GsxrTony said:
Doesnt one of those at road america let you use thier bikes also? I really dont want to tear mine up on the track.
If you are interested in renting a bike for the day the following options are available.

At Jason's Star school you can rent a Suzuki SV650 for and additional $350 per day and at Keith Code's school you can rent a Kawasaki ZX6R for an additional $200 per day. Sorry, guess I shoulds have thrown that in there huh?

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'd be most interested in the Pridmore school. Same price as Code's, but at RA instead of BHF. I can also get away with using the SV

I'll check, but I don't think you can use a non 'zuki bike at the Pridmore school. Any Suzuki will work, but it HAS to be one. I could be wrong though.

Does California Bike School have the same policy? I think they mentioned something about publicity photos, they don't want an awesome shot ruined by some other brand's bike. :confused

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
My vote

Option 2 Jason Pridmore's Star School. June 16

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack said:
Doctor B, I'll delete this when you answer...
Did you want to make this a poll? or did you want us to answer by replying in a post
Jack, I thought about making a poll out of this but answering in a post works fine for me as well. Thanks for thinking of it though.

Tom

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I'm already planning on doing all the VisionSports schools next year. Pridmore at RA will be my "additional" choice!

Grover, I think you might be thinking of Schwantz' school at Road Atlanta. That one is "All Suzuki-All the Time".

·
Registered
875 Posts
Potential Visionsports School dates are April 3rd, May 29th (Thursday prior to CSS), July 17th, and Sept 4th, tentatively....

As for riding your own bike at a school or someone elses...

Two things come to mind. First, you're hopefully going to learn some things about yourself and your bike, if the school is good. The combination can be changed so that the rider rides his, or her, bike better.

Or you can spend the day figuring out someone elses bike.

Often I hear about those that don't want to tear up their bike, but street riding has way more risks than riding at a track school.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
KBOlsen said:
I'm already planning on doing all the VisionSports schools next year. Pridmore at RA will be my "additional" choice!

Grover, I think you might be thinking of Schwantz' school at Road Atlanta. That one is "All Suzuki-All the Time".
I think you are right there. I may do a VisionSports day as well (May date is looking good). I need to tweak my fuel/air mixture and look into a GSX-R shock for the SV during the winter before I hit the track again. My lull in 4-6k range is killing me on the track. but that's :eek:t

Either way, I'm using my bike. Going from Pokey to something else...:nono

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Grover,

Don't mean to confuse matters for ya, but I was considering the Learing Curves school at BHF in the Spring. I think their rates are competitive, and they qualify as a CCS course for licensing purposes (I think all of the ones you listed do for that matter).

Anyone care to join me there? If there's no interest, put me down for the STAR school as early as possible. I've heard good things about LC though, so there you have it.

Right-o:-

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
One caveat about the Learning Curves race licensing school... it's primary purpose is to be a "feeder" into CCS' racing program, covering all the basics, including safety "do's and don'ts" - the actual track time is limited to two (or was it 3?) sessions in between race practices and a 5-lap "mock race" held in between events on CCS' Saturday race program. Not a huge amount of on-track instruction, although you will get good feedback and assistance if you ask for it.

The VisionSports school has it's own day at the track... it's got a more "in-depth" focus. Lots of track time and great instruction including ongoing "trackside support" - all VERY reasonably priced

Rick (Breuer) does offer two other programs of instruction (and he says he'll have dates sometime after December 1). It's all good stuff. His advanced school is on my agenda for next year, too!:helmet

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
With Superdave on board CLSB, I'm heavily favoring VRS.

My ?
The CLSB price is $225....the VRS website is confusing. Since I am a NESBA member, my cost goes down to $235. So $10 off is the CLSB group discount?

Then it goes on too explain the early enrollment schedule....up to $45 off if I enroll 4 weeks prior. So does this mean if I sign up now it will cost me $195 w/out the CLSB group purchase?

Jack/Kim....
You seem to be a proponet of VRS....is this school going to help me? I mean...how much faster can I possibly get? :rolleyes

·
Registered
916 Posts
My thoughts....

Of the above schools my vote goes to the Vision Sports @ BHF earlier date the better. Road America on a 50hp bike is fine when racing against other 50-60hp bikes, I'd rather not be out there with you loonies and your literbikes though, the 70+mph closing speeds on the mainstrait would be downright scary!!!! Plus SuperDave has the "local knoledge" of BHF that Code can't offer.... I imagine SuperDave has ridden more miles around Blackhawk than I've ridden TOTAL. With the new resurfacing I'd be very interested in his insight.

I did the LCR school at BHF this year. It was exactly what I expected the "race license" school to be, heavy on the race procedure and light on the riding technique. Very beneficial if you plan to race, but don't go there expecting a RIDING school. That said I'll probably do one of Rick's monday advanced classes, I've heard nothing but good things about those.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Good points all. I'll scrap the LC class then for now (the $150 price tag sure was appealing) and go with the group flow for whatever class the masses decide to take. The earlier in the year the better!

:eek:t I'm pretty sure any class would be able to help me with my inability to take turns over 5mph anyway.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
Why are there two identically titled threads....?

Huh what??? I'm confused....:confused :laughing

I think I posted to one when I meant to post to the other:rolleyes

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Sorry Tom, I think we should have one thread to discuss and another to vote. :)

Kruz said:
With Superdave on board CLSB, I'm heavily favoring VRS.

Jack/Kim....
You seem to be a proponet of VRS....is this school going to help me? I mean...how much faster can I possibly get? :rolleyes
Dude, you need so much help, where do I start??? :) Seriously though, I don't think you ever stop learning out there, knowledge is power and you can always be a faster, cleaner, smoother, and a more confident rider.

Super Dave is in the midst of some changes I believe, so I'm not sure pricing is set yet. There's a lot of flux this time of year with trying to figure out schedules, track costs, etc.

This is what I would like to see, a school at Blackhawk. Most of us are familiar with that track, so you wont spend half the day figuring out where you're going. With that said, I'd also consider a day or two in a row at Blackhawk, Grattan, or even Putnam.

Then I'd like to see a school with classroom after each riding session for Q&A and thoughts on new things to try each session. Two groups of riders. Maybe if we can get enough people interested Super Dave could put on a school just for us.

·
Got my new Ride......
959 Posts
I'm in for Option 1. That price is really good - Assuming the school is at least fairly well organized, it should be worth it.

Note: For Keith Code's school, part of the cost covers his specialty bikes - which you will probably NOT be able to use at BHF (there is no clean open area/skid pad !?)

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I split them in two because we were going off on a discussion tangent, and Doc had requested the thread to be kept more or less "concise". Afterwards, it seemed like the better idea would be to make a poll. So I'm putting everything back, and making a poll!

Bad Mod!:evil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts