• Mr. Code's CSS at BHF - $395

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My last name is really Hayden and I'm fast enough already

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I'm voting for the cheapest one. I think any professionsal instructor can tell me what really shitty riding habits I have.

Personally I'd rather do the class at Gratton. I think more of my flaws will show up there because you haev to workr harder ot go fast there. It also has more different type of turns and more opportunity to try different things.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm not voting, myself. I think everyone understands.

Yes, the pricing can be confusing as I only have so much time during the day.

The $225 pricing would be the program price for someone who has not been to any track day or whatever. There are just some things that require a bit more attention for that like flags and all.

It is less if you have a racing license or you can show that you've been to a track program. That tells me that you can at least handle yourself in the track enviornment.

If you've been to my program before, it's even less. How's that?

The prices should be very close. I called Blackhawk and the cost for renting the track will go up. So, that may have an effect on later dates and later entries, but I will try to maintain some stability for the CLSB people.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
I'm doing the SuperDave school, just because he is available for questions, and I will need plenty of answers trying to go from a Katana to a Gixxer 750.

I'm planning on doing the first available date I can, but not sure if I would know that far enough in advance to get in on a group deal.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I voted for SuperDave's. He's local, affiliated with both CLSB and NESBA, and most cost effective (not cheaper). It will be interesting to see how the feedback I get (quantity and quality) compare with the NESBA track days. Pretty much anybody can spot what I need to work on. Even I can spot a few. Also some motorcycle theory (physics and whatnot) in a teaching enviornment may help it sink in. Able to go from theory to practical application. Like college, but I won't be hung over or asleep. :)

Must..get...on..gas..sooner.

Chris

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I'll be doin the Vision Sports as well. Earliest date possible. Def need work and instruction is a plus. Did I mention I cant wait.:D

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Super Dave said:

The prices should be very close. I called Blackhawk and the cost for renting the track will go up. So, that may have an effect on later dates and later entries, but I will try to maintain some stability for the CLSB people.
Well at least with repaving, it should be worth the price the usually ask.

Dave, do you also have a Gratton. It's actually a little closer ot me that BHF and I love that track. Rode it 3 times last year

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't have a school date at Grattan. It's kind of a ways for me, and only GLRRA races there. Well, I've raced AHRMA there, too.

I'm really available for anything, just about. It would cost more in a way. Grattan can be rented pretty reasonably. If you rented the track and had a group, I can show up as a "contractor". Drop me an e-mail or a PM on it.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Super Dave said:

If you rented the track and had a group, I can show up as a "contractor". Drop me an e-mail or a PM on it.

We've rented the track as a group once last year and I joined in on some track days set up by a local named Andy George.

I'll look into that suggestion. That track is nice because if you have under 30 people you can get a lower rate that only cost around $120/person, and then you can run a completely open track so long as you limit it to experienced riders that can run at least under 2:00. I was able to get in about 20, 12 lap sessions out there which was perfect. Ride for 20 minutes come in for a short break and repeat all day.

I'm guessing you charge a standard consulting fee of $150-200/hour plus travel mileage/expenses

PM me a budgetary number, and copy Phozed and Odysseys.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts