Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i got a touch of it already, this sucks just looking at my baby and i tell yeah too for some reason?...i am not as ride hungry as i was like last year for riding in the cold...but i will if my hoomies go out for a ride:cheers

winter sucks..and its got cold WAYYY to fast and early this year.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Yep,

Pat my baby on the seat every morning on the way to the car.:D I hate this..."should I winterize it yet or not" Thing:mad

·
3,613 Posts
Crazy said:
Pat my baby on the seat every morning on the way to the car.
Haha. I do the same thing 'cause I have to walk by it every day when I leave for work or whatever. :( So sad. I think if I had more free time during the day, I'd be bundling up and riding some, but, man, it's cold as f' outside at night now.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Winter, schminter. It's only October for cryin' out loud... there's still another 6 weeks of riding season left.:helmet

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Filled the tanks uo with fresh gas and stabil....won't pull the battery in the RC until it gets really fricking cold. Once I change the oil on the F4i though it's going to be moth-balled. Is it a silly idead to take my 208's off and keep them inside where it is warm all winter?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Winterized???

Hell mine doesn't even look like a motorcycle now. I'm getting started on the winter projects....

currently: Engine is dry, Tank&subframe are off, pretty soon the forks and wheels come off....

Winter projects are as follows:

1.) Make a subframe---going to be welding up a custom rear sub-frame that should give me a little more leg room, be a little lighter, and look a helluva lot better.

2.) Make f-glass molds to copy the Belly pan and make a new solo-tail. (I'm NOT paying $200 for a tail!!!!!!!)

3.) either re-spring the forks or find a set of F3 forks already to go with 0.95 springs.

4.) if I get REALLY ambitious(and time&money allow) the motor will be coming out and getting cams and porting the heads.

KRUZ--- I wouldn't worry about leaving the tires on the bike as long as its not sitting on cold concrete.... get the wheels off the ground or at least park the bike on something softer/more insulated (like plywood).

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
before i got my stands i use to park all of my bikes in plywood with foam and carpet.;)

NEVER had a flat spot;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Alright STOP IT!!! ALL OF YOU!!! You have to think positive. Remember, we haven't had our Indian Summer yet and when it happens (cause it's gonna dammit) all of you that are winterizing are going to be sorry (or so I hope) C'mon you people, be optimistic!! :D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey i never said i was putting my bike up for the winter...shit there was only like a couple weeks i didnt ride last year about this time till spring.:cheers

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Rode to work yesterday. Plan to ride to work tomorrow. I just hate the bulky gloves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts