Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to design and make changes to and basicly make a custom deck, fence, landscaping ideas, path ways, gazebos(sp?)..etc.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I didn't think they allowed anything taller than 3ft in Plainfield.....

Do a Google search on "free landscaping software"

All the good stuff will cost you, but most have a free demo you can try.

Combining a deck and landscaping may require two steps....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
I didn't think they allowed anything taller than 3ft in Plainfield.....

LMAO!!! I think they also limit the diameter of the tree trunks...I think your allowed 3inches.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I have Punch Professional Home Design but haven't use it much. I can't comment on how well it would do the job.

·
Much tougher than Kruz
68 Posts
I used 3D Home Architect from Broderbund to design my deck. It was a pretty complex deck and I could create a exact scale rendition of it. My builder was very impressed. It has dimensions. Also used it to create plans to redo my master bathroom. The best thing is that it is super easy to use and lets you do many what-if scenarios within a limited space.

I will look for a copy. Send me a mail at [email protected]

http://www.broderbund.com/Product.asp?OID=4149227&SC=0120056015

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like a kick ass program...sent you and e-mail slickrock

and :twofinger to you john...man your gonna get it:evil

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I tried to use the 3D home architect for the deck, but I didn't think it was that easy so I designed mine at the old house using Mechanical Desktop. Drew it in 3D. Rendered it. And submitted it to the village. 1-2-3 Permit approved. Then I had the task to build it. O well easy enough.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ugh...thanks for reminding me about permits:( and that reminds me..when ever they come around again and look at my property my taxs will go even hire...maybe i wont do shit and just plant some corn:laughing

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
slickrock22 said:
What's mechanical desktop?
Its made by AutoDesk. Its basically AutoCAD on Steroids. Tricked out CAD package.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
ugh...thanks for reminding me about permits:( and that reminds me..when ever they come around again and look at my property my taxs will go even hire...maybe i wont do shit and just plant some corn:laughing
Taxes only go higher if you add to the livable square footage of your home from what I understand. So unless you enclose it and heat it your taxes won't be more.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts