Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,557 Posts
When you say hard acceleration are you talking running it up to 11,000-14,000 rpms? If this is when you are having problems getting it into second, then it might be your shifting technique. I've been there and I know what you mean.

If I am running it up to near redline in first or second, I will use a harder throw to put it into gear. Yamaha is known for their rough trannies. Just work on shifting a little firmer. Eventually, you will get a better feel for how hard you have to throw it in to gear depending on the gear and the rpms. Also, this may sound weird, but if you have smaller feet or really large feet, this might be a problem. Now if it starts slipping out of gear under acceleration...that's another story.

Doc

· Registered
1,557 Posts
It happens to me sometimes when I am at stop too. If it does, try rolling the bike forward or backward and it should slip in. Also, what kind of oil are you running? You might want to switch to synthetic. When I switched to synthetic oil, it shifted so much easier and it didn't do what you explained as much.

BTW- I had no idea you were the same person that bought that bike at the auction. That buy was a steal!

Doc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.