Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the girlfriend are looking to get a dog and we went a and took a look at this little guy today at a private shelter just south of Cloverdale. He's about 13 weeks, 20-25 lbs.

The folks at the shelter said that the mother was an Olde English Bulldog that came in with the litter, and they believe the father was a smallish English bulldog.

I'm not sure, but he looks to me like there is something else in the mix. He has a short, stocky frame, with a wider chest/shoulder structure like an English though not as exaggerated. However, his skull and snout are less bully than I'd have expected out of a 50/50 Olde English/English Bulldog mix.

What do y'all think this little guy really is? These pictures are at about 8-9weeks old.

Reactions: Dave13

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
He has some sort of short hair terrier in him.

·
Registered
892 Posts
doesn't look bulldog at all to me. I have 2 of them and raised another, and it doesn't look but maybe half bulldog, if that. Looks ALOT like a pitbull.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It looks a whole bunch like my neighbors red nosed pit when she first got her.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Junk yard dog

Keep him

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
doesn't look bulldog at all to me. I have 2 of them and raised another, and it doesn't look but maybe half bulldog, if that. Looks ALOT like a pitbull.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The mother was allegedly an Olde English bulldog, which seems to be a general term for various English/American/Pit Bull/ Mastiff mixes. I'm guessing she was largely pit bull. They said she wasn't all that big. The paws seem kinda chunky for a Pit, and his body type seems more bully than most Pits I've seen as well. But the face is somewhat Pitbullish, though not quite as square-jawed.

I was telling her about your Bulldog, he's awesome. We were looking for an English bulldog mix to get the bully look/personality without the health issues.

This little guy is pretty cool. When we arrived at the shelter, he ran straight up to us, and was well socialized with the other cats, dogs and horses on the property. Good, playful personality without being hyperactive.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
pffft thats not olde english

THIS is olde english

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
What do y'all think this little guy really is? These pictures are at about 8-9weeks old.
100% cute!!! :) Who cares what breed, he's adorable. He's definitely a mix though with some pit in him.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
100% cute!!! :) Who cares what breed, he's adorable. He's definitely a mix though with some pit in him.
We pick him up today. He's coming home regardless, but I'm curious what he is anyway.

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
When you take him to your local vet, they can help identify certain traits which can be certain breeds. I agree with most that he does have some Pit in him.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
English bulldogs suck. I want to kick mine in the nuts.

·
Registered
13,847 Posts
My old man's a vet and I've been around dogs all my life. From my vast experience, it seems to me that the dog is half lunch and half dinner! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 - 20 of 41 Posts