Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a tax deductable receipt.

i have tons of shit i cant sell on CLSB so i am going to donate it all to charity. but whats a good one that takes my items and gives it to needy people NOT dust it off and try to sell it in there stores.

most all of my left over stuff i want to get rid of and throwing it in the trash seems such a waste and actually disgusting.

know of any good locations i can give it all away and get a receipt to throw it at my tax bill?

thanks.

light fixtures, motorcycle jackets, gloves, speaker cables, wires, old clothes, coats, leather jackets, etc.

·
The Violator
4,101 Posts
The Human Fund ;)

All kidding aside, Goodwill gives you receipts (sometimes blank on bigger donations).

Some of the items you want to donate are luxury items instead of things that meet basic needs. Some charities may not have a demand for them.

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
a tax deductable receipt.

i have tons of shit i cant sell on CLSB so i am going to donate it all to charity. but whats a good one that takes my items and gives it to needy people NOT dust it off and try to sell it in there stores.

most all of my left over stuff i want to get rid of and throwing it in the trash seems such a waste and actually disgusting.

know of any good locations i can give it all away and get a receipt to throw it at my tax bill?

thanks.

light fixtures, motorcycle jackets, gloves, speaker cables, wires, old clothes, coats, leather jackets, etc.
most homeless (or needy) people don't need speaker cable. But somebody else might, and if they are willing to pay cash for it, and then in turn that cash goes to help the cause for which the resale shop was setup for wouldn't that be okay? thats the idea behind resale shops.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most homeless (or needy) people don't need speaker cable. But somebody else might, and if they are willing to pay cash for it, and then in turn that cash goes to help the cause for which the resale shop was setup for wouldn't that be okay? thats the idea behind resale shops.
totally, but last i checked, they had to pay there workers & overhead which claims a LARGE % off the value of the donated items.

10 dollars donated turns into 1 dollar actually being free'd up to give away.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tons of shit. i am surprised if you never saw them.

do a search under my name and in the for sale forum.

at this point i wan about to maybe do a garage sale and donate the funds to me and my wifes charity's.

which i dont know how to do, but i think i need to pull a permit to have a garage sale.

what a fucken SCAM!

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Amvets.

Under200
I do Amvets, Purple Heart Vets and Vietnam Vets. They come to your door.

I do believe they sell the goods to then turn around and use the proceeds to help Vets.

They leave blank receipts for you to fill out as you see fit.

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
I just take all my stuff to goodwill a couple of times a year. They always give me a blank receipt and I get a pretty good tax write off, as I take a ton of shit there.

Yeah, they might turn around and sell it, but it still goes to a good cause. This lady I use to work with had 3 kids and her ex-husband was a alcoholic and never helped her or her kids, and she couldn't afford much, and she always went to goodwill to shop, where she could afford 4 winter jackets, and school clothing for her 3 children. After a while I just started giving her all of my clothes I didn't wear for her oldest daughter....but without places like that people who can't afford new clothing would have no where to shop.

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
Reactions: jrock

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I just take all my stuff to goodwill a couple of times a year. They always give me a blank receipt and I get a pretty good tax write off, as I take a ton of shit there.

Yeah, they might turn around and sell it, but it still goes to a good cause. This lady I use to work with had 3 kids and her ex-husband was a alcoholic and never helped her or her kids, and she couldn't afford much, and she always went to goodwill to shop, where she could afford 4 winter jackets, and school clothing for her 3 children. After a while I just started giving her all of my clothes I didn't wear for her oldest daughter....but without places like that people who can't afford new clothing would have no where to shop.
+1. I take my stuff here, too. They do help out the less-fortunate and it is a great tax write off.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
lots of churches take basic items as well.

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
hey ody....you can recycle cable wire...there are plenty of recycle places that that pay by the pound...best bet is to just open a yellow pages book and call around and see who is offering the best price...i know this cause we grab any cable from our work sites and my forman goes and sells it back to them...but like i said, call around for your best price...

·
Former Chicagoian
864 Posts
WHITE ELEPHANT for the sole benefit of CHILDREN'S MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Nonprofit hospital...top childrens hospital in the country and the nurses and doctors don't get paid shit compared to what they could elsewhere.....they do it because they it's their calling!

Fullerton and Lincoln - if you can make it into the city to donate here they have good hours and take just about anything....HELP THE SICK KIDS!

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Your better off stripping the insulation off the speaker cable and selling the copper, it's over 3 bucks a pound right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts