Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55s @central exit probably happened about 11:40p ish. Bike was on flatbed and most of the impact barrels were destroyed around the Armco. Didn't see another vehicle and the bike wasn't totally pretzeled. Posting from the gas station as I had to stop and fill up. Maybe there's something in the news?

·
My mom says I'm cool
449 Posts
WTF! I'm a new rider and all I see on this forum and several other motorcycle forums is reports of crashes and deaths. Is it always this bad? I knew motorcycling is risky, but what the hell?!? Not exactly confidence inspiring.

5,620 Posts
No it's not that bad.

It's kind of like no news is good news and this crap about people getting hurt is news.

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
WTF! I'm a new rider and all I see on this forum and several other motorcycle forums is reports of crashes and deaths. Is it always this bad? I knew motorcycling is risky, but what the hell?!? Not exactly confidence inspiring.
Just be smart! If you respect your machine and ride with caution and are aware of whats going on around you, you are setting your self up for a great experience/hobby! Of course there's risk but so is driving/walking/breathing/flying etc.... Just do you and enjoy your ride and you should be just fine, and take every opportunity you can to learn from your own experiences and others! :righton:

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Every tragedy has something to learn from it.

Take the time to learn what actually happened and why, and figure out ways to not be in the same situation by taking precautions, changing bad habits, or adopting better ones.

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
Every tragedy has something to learn from it.

Take the time to learn what actually happened and why, and figure out ways to not be in the same situation by taking precautions, changing bad habits, or adopting better ones.
+1 in so many less words! :laughing:

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
I agree with arch

No its not always this bad seems 2009 is kicking off with a rather interesting start.

ride your own ride dont fall into i cant keep up like some do and push over the limits and a either go out and by a bigger bike just to keep up or b crash. Lean your machine as a first year rider you have no idea what it takes to be alert all the time. Hell when i started there was things I never knew sense that never had been used. its alot to take in.

Again ride your own ride stay alive

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
keep in mind, youre on a motorcycling forum, where a bike crash tends to get a lot more focus. youre also a rider now and are noticing/ paying more attention to motorcycle related blurlb

·
Chief Apex Inspector
10,597 Posts
Ride with respect, wear your gear.

You'll be fine.

I have ridden over 20 Years and hundreds of thousands of street miles.
I had one incident on the street ( 97 ) and have been off twice on the
track where you might expect to have an issue or two.

Be smart..... it's cool.

Tom

·
161 Club; soon to be 129
800 Posts
i agree with "ride your own ride". never try to play catch up. especially slow down when your in an area that youve never been before, you will end up hitting a pothole, gravel, or the curve might end up being sharper than you expected. i might not have years of riding under my belt, but ive learned the hard way. if you can find an empty lot, use it to get to know how your bike acts

·
My mom says I'm cool
449 Posts
Reactions: Poser33

·
Registered
179 Posts
WTF! MNDZA just got here and allready he's been quoted in a sig...... Guess I'm just like dungeons and dragons. Cool only when nobody you hang out with knows your a nerd. "Naw I can't. I'm kinda busy tonight..... Gonna go visit with.. grandma. Yeah Grandma."

·
My mom says I'm cool
449 Posts
My mom says I'm cool :cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts