Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday they had KOTs at Great Lakes in Wisconsin.

Some of you know that my cousin drag races. Actually my cousins son to be accurate. Phil Stoll. His dad Dan also used to race along with me and my brother. I was a complete amateur and did it for fun. Did Ok though.

Well Phil won the KOTs yesterday at Great Lakes. I wasn't able to make it myself as I was at the Notre Dame Miami game.

Here's a pic right before the winning take off. He's on the left. Supposed to have some video so if I get it I'll post it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
That's no easy task to come out on top in the King of the Streets event...he definately had to have some great reaction times and a hot hand to win...I hope he made a ton of cash! What kind of bike was he riding and what kind of numbers did he turn on the winning run?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's no easy task to come out on top in the King of the Streets event...he definately had to have some great reaction times and a hot hand to win...I hope he made a ton of cash! What kind of bike was he riding and what kind of numbers did he turn on the winning run?

Yes I agree. No easy task. They have some rules to keep this type of racing real. They check your clutch, no slicks. No wheelie bars etc... I wish I could have made it out to see it but I was at the Notre Dame game.

I haven't heard yet on the time that he turned. He was on the white Busa in the pic. Cocaine. Raced a ZX14 in the final.

Here's a video link. It's not the best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4c5G844Rvg

I think you live in my neck of the woods from a previous post. They also live in the area. We'll have to get together sometime for a ride or some beers.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
...I think you live in my neck of the woods from a previous post. They also live in the area. We'll have to get together sometime for a ride or some beers.
Sure...maybe ride up to the Grove sometime, too. Or some other race or event.
Send me a PM or I'll send you one in a few days.

·
I don't know...
5,167 Posts
I'm Friends with Frankie and Phil. I think Frankie was a bit of game, he put THAT CBR in the 6.x seconds... All those guys are as pro as it gets.

If I race next year, I need one of those guys to get me doing better launches.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
...If I race next year, I need one of those guys to get me doing better launches.
Better launches are the product of practice...practice...practice. I'd like to get a group together to go to the Grove and/or Byron on T&T nights and days (like Tuesdays at the Grove) and work together at learning, perfecting and practicing skills.
There's only a few weeks left this season but come Spring it would be fun and help everyone interested in doing some drag racing and those who do other types of racing learn how to get killer holeshots to the first turn.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yes I agree. No easy task. They have some rules to keep this type of racing real. They check your clutch, no slicks. No wheelie bars etc... I wish I could have made it out to see it but I was at the Notre Dame game.

I haven't heard yet on the time that he turned. He was on the white Busa in the pic. Cocaine. Raced a ZX14 in the final.

Here's a video link. It's not the best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4c5G844Rvg

I think you live in my neck of the woods from a previous post. They also live in the area. We'll have to get together sometime for a ride or some beers.

The track was also scraped and not prepped. It was a like a roller rink for those 8 second cars. That's why some of them crashed.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
That would be cool, but I always have sh7t coming up and can't make it...
I know how that is...If we do get some CLSB riders to go to the strip, even occasionally, I'll post it and everyone will be welcome to join us...including you... if you're free:cheers:!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.