Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took her across the street to my buddies heated garage and tucked her in behind his track 944 for a long winters nap - After sitting in my spot and not being ridden for alomst a month and night time temps getting down in the 30's, the Italian Beauty fired up with out any hesitation and I cried a bit as I tucked the cover over her in her winter digs - I will visit her every 3 weeks to start and let run a bit but I am now sad

Race Season over - Duc tucked away - 50 degrees and gray outside and will be dark by 5:00 pm - I am about to draw a warm bath, get a razor and put on some indie sad crap and say goodbye to this cruel world :tantrum:

And yes I know, you die hards will tell me that you will ride til the snow and all that crap so save it.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Ride it till it snows get some balls :O)

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
And yes I know, you die hards will tell me that you will ride til the snow and all that crap so save it.
It is a sad day, I did the same for the Harley yesterday. although I was out rockin the dirt bike today with Vcook and underdog. Buy a dirtbike dude, come play with us.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Put mine away too. One upside to putting it away is that when spring hits, it feels like I got a new bike when I take the cover off. And the first few rides remind me how breathtaking the acceleration is on a bike after caging it all winter:)

Under200

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
I put the Hypermotard away last week, but I'll be rockin' the SV until they salt the streets....or not, but I have the option anyway.

·
32,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy a dirtbike dude, come play with us.
I can't even remeber the last time I rode dirt - Funny thing is I got my first bike at 7 yrs of age (1973 Hobda trail 70) and rode dirt until I was 19 and swore I would never ride street - Then I rode a 1986 Honda VFR Interceptor (which I bought 10 mins after) and do not think I have rode dirt since - I can pretty much draft up how dirt would be for me:

**Start Bike - Think ooh yeah, it is all coming back - Rooster tail and lean into a nice pit for some good air - Get about 5 feet of air (will tell people it was 15 feet of course) - Fuck the landing up and yell to Vcook to get the bike off me and call 911**

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
After a few low sides and blowing out my rear tire today I took Patricks for a ride. While tryign to take a shortcut to beat some little kids through a corner I somehow ended up in an endo situation that had I landed it would have looked freaking awesome, but instead went over the bars and landed upside down in a thorn bush with an RM125 on top of me and it ended up looking Hilarious instead :laughing I love Dirt.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
Dirt bike riders are much different than Duc riders. If you get 5 feet of air and claim it was 15, they will rooster you with mud, slap the kill switch, and call you a Nancy over their sholder.

·
32,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you get 5 feet of air and claim it was 15, they will rooster you with mud, slap the kill switch, and call you a Nancy over their sholder.
Eh, sounds like the guys I ride with now

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Bug/HDtony...you guys are weird...it won't be cold til February:twofinger

·
32,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Bug/HDtony...you guys are weird...it won't be cold til February:twofinger
it is when your riding in a t-shirt and flip flops, mr. heated underwearman :lmao:

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
My 600 already called it quits on me... she won't turn over... battery is dead... ...

Busa is still a trooper though... rode her the other day, but it was too freakin' cold!!! I'm done... time to plan the trip to the island!

·
I'd rather be railing :)
1,723 Posts
One upside to putting it away is that when spring hits, it feels like I got a new bike when I take the cover off. And the first few rides remind me how breathtaking the acceleration is on a bike after caging it all winter:)

Under200
Totally concur. The nice thing about not being able to ride for a few months is that when we do get back on it, the feeling is amazing. When I got back from Mexico after riding the DR for so long, I took the Gix for a spin and was floored by how awesomely that little 600 accelerates and how much joy can still be had from that bike... :lean:

But yeah, if would definitely be better to be in a more favorable climate (like Cali) where we could ride all year...

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
mmmm ...just got back from blasting the cob webs out, and riding 2 up out to lunch ...you never know when a nice day is going to hit ....:1pimp

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
mmmm ...just got back from blasting the cob webs out, and riding 2 up out to lunch ...you never know when a nice day is going to hit ....:1pimp
Who was on the back, the Indian, the construction worker or the cop? :lmao:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts