Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati: new Honda fast already

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Friday, November 9th 2007, 10:28 GMT

Ducati's technical director Filippo Preziosi believes Honda's new bike is already at the level of this year's machine.

The Japanese squad failed to match the performance of their Italian rivals in 2007, with Australian rider Casey Stoner taking 10 victories on his way to the title. Honda scored only two wins thanks to Dani Pedrosa, second in the championship.

Honda have already begun working with the revised bike, which showed good form in the first pre-season test at Valencia earlier this week.

Preziosi reckons their rivals are already on their way to bounce back from the disappointment of 2007.

The Valencia test, however, was dominated by Stoner, who topped the times in both sessions on Monday and Tuesday.

"Honda have the firepower of an aircraft carrier," Preziosi told Motosprint magazine. "They had built a new bike for this year, they had to evolve it during the season, and now they present a completely different one. Impressive.

"I've seen several photos on the Internet, and it looks to me like they have done a completely new and interesting project. My men have gathered some data and we'll examine it at home.

"It's almost a game: we both check each other's exhaust notes and, by measuring the frequency, we try to understand what the other engine is like. We'd spend less if we just exchange the information...

"We've seen that their new bike already has the same speed as the old one. That's a sign that it's doing well, because when you debut a new bike you work with the known performance in order to find reliability, after which you try to improve.

"As for the noise, it seems like they have gone for a screamer configuration, otherwise it's simply the result of higher revs.

"We won't be making big revolutions. The new bike, which is being developed by (test rider) Guareschi here, will have its debut at Jerez (Nov 27-29) but there won't be visible differences. Just small improvements to make it more rideable, both in the engine and in the bike frame set-up."

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
People get paid to print that??? I've been telling you foos that HRC is going to dominate next year all season :D :laughing

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
People get paid to print that??? I've been telling you foos that HRC is going to dominate next year all season :D :laughing

RELAX, its only been a week since the end of the season.:laughing:

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure HRC will spend plenty of endless nights trying to put the best bike that they can on the track next season but I GUARANTEE you Kawi, Suzuki, Yami AND Ducati will not be only working 9-5.

Hopkins is going to kick ass in 08'.:1pimp

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
I would hope that with the HRC budget, they WOULD build a faster bike - Hell, HRC's Add Budget alons is prolly bigger than Ducati's overall budget to begin with

That being said, I cannot wait to see what ALL the Mfgs turn out next season

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
I would hope that with the HRC budget, they WOULD build a faster bike - Hell, HRC's Add Budget alons is prolly bigger than Ducati's overall budget to begin with

That being said, I cannot wait to see what ALL the Mfgs turn out next season

Yeah you would of thought with HRC's budget they would have had a better bike in 07' , but just goes to show you the one with the deepest pockets does'nt necessarily have the best R+D. Ducati's electronics alone on the 07' 800 were'nt even in the same league as the others.

If I remember right, it was said that Honda makes enough money on production bikes in one month to put Ducati out of business.

·
32,753 Posts
Honda's overall Ad budget (not just HRC which is a completly seperate company) is like 3x of Duc Operating and Ad budgets combined

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Care to make a wager on that, Chief? Ducati Rules.

·
32,753 Posts
That is a tough bet to take even with Duc owning my heart when it comes to bike racing in general - HRC, Yami and even Suz & Kawi (maybe not kawi so much) are going to come STRONG next season as Duc just beat them to the punch for 2007 - I expect a much more even playing field next season which will in turn produce great racing

I have a chubby now

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
RELAX, its only been a week since the end of the season.:laughing:

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure HRC will spend plenty of endless nights trying to put the best bike that they can on the track next season but I GUARANTEE you Kawi, Suzuki, Yami AND Ducati will not be only working 9-5.

Hopkins is going to kick ass in 08'.:1pimp
Take a look back through history at what HRC has put out after being smacked around a bit...going all the way back to the RC174:)

Name it:cheers

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have a bet for you. Its equal to yours in risk. No one but a factory rider will win the title. Any takers? Hahahaha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts