Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there a couple engineers on this board so I wanted to know if anyone's company has any open engineering internships for this summer. I'm an Electrical Engineering major at UIC. I will be a Junior next semester. If anyone knows of any openings, let me know.

·
Addicted
2,746 Posts
Any idea what you want to do, embedded systems, control systems, magnetics, power systems?

·
Track Whore
266 Posts
I work for the Navy, and no you don't have to enlist. Anything you want to fo they have here, and then even have things you havent heard of.

I currently work on weapons of mass destruction.. Trident ICBM :) :) :)

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
What time frame are you looking to do this over and are you willing to relocate? my company, NXP, does some EE internships.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What time frame are you looking to do this over and are you willing to relocate? my company, NXP, does some EE internships.
I don't think my parents would allow me to relocate as they wouldn't let me go to U of I. I'm leaning towards control systems or power systems right now. Where can I find out about the Navy stuff?

·
So long San Diego :(
1,941 Posts
Try Burns and McDonnell Engineering in Downers Grove. They do winter break, and summer internships for all engineering disciplines.

www.burnsmcd.com

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
I work for the Navy, and no you don't have to enlist. Anything you want to fo they have here, and then even have things you havent heard of.

I currently work on weapons of mass destruction.. Trident ICBM :) :) :)
+1 on military jobs. Many of the agencies now also offer loan forgiveness as an incentive to hire qualified engineers. I know the AF does. If you have federal student loans you would be very wise to try a military internship and see if you like it-- the jobs are great and like I said, the financial benefit of loan forgiveness can't be beat. Work military for 5-7 years and then go contractor and all the big firms will be dying for you bc you have gov't contacts.

·
1,941 Posts
Yes and they have great barbeques and sack races and tickets to baseball games for their inters.
How do you know? Did you intern there?? Or do you currently work there...??

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
How do you know? Did you intern there?? Or do you currently work there...??
Well, I was being a little facetious. It's a very well-respected company and they have a great client list; they recruited at my college and I went to several informationals and they never talked about work, only social stuff. And all my classmates that took internships there were the same way. I guess it left a bad impression on me. BUT, like I said, the company has a great reputation. They are also employee-owned, which I personally like.

·
1,941 Posts
Well, I was being a little facetious. It's a very well-respected company and they have a great client list; they recruited at my college and I went to several informationals and they never talked about work, only social stuff. And all my classmates that took internships there were the same way. I guess it left a bad impression on me. BUT, like I said, the company has a great reputation. They are also employee-owned, which I personally like.
Yeah, I'll be doing my second winter internship there in a few weeks, my fourth with them since two summers ago. I start full time in their San Diego office August 21st this coming year. It's a great company to work for, they definitely take care of their employees!

Alot of companies that come to school talk about a lot about social stuff....they are recruiting college kids. :)

Oh, and the christmas parties...all I have to say is 4 hour open bar FTW!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts