Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Fantasy bike buying.

2K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  willidj2 
#1 ·
If someone were to give you a check and tell you, you could have any bike you wanted but you had to choose right now which bike would you choose?

I think I'd have to get Jay lenos Turbine.

#4 ·
GsxrTony said:
If someone were to give you a check and tell you, you could have any bike you wanted but you had to choose right now which bike would you choose?

Tony you stole my ride. I read about that bike. I think Jay Leno said a ride on that thing was like being pulled by the hand of God.
wooooooooooooohoooooooo. That's what I'm talking about:D

#11 ·
Call me crazy but I'd like to have one of the concept bikes Honda was showing this year: the New American Sports bike (wish I could find a pic of it) It's the futuristic looking one with the single-sided swingarm and front shock. Otherwise I would have loved to have purchased Miguel Duhamel's Smokin' Joe's Honda bike that he raced and won on back in the late 90's (I think it was a '96) They actually auctioned it off this year at the Sotheby's motorcycle auction in Chicago. I think it went for around $15,000

#14 ·
GsxrTony said:

it's not too bad, except there is no engine drag on deceleration, you gotta be prepared to give it a little more brake than your used to when slowing down.....

#15 ·
Re: Re: Fantasy bike buying.

Y2KR1 said:

it's not too bad, except there is no engine drag on deceleration, you gotta be prepared to give it a little more brake than your used to when slowing down.....
Yep, it would be like riding a 450hp two stroker!!!:cheers LOL

I don't care for that bike really, but I would love to read more tech info on it. Turbines usually have a very narrow effecient operating RPM. In a helo or airplane they run the turbine at a set speed, then adjust the pitch of the rotorblades/prop to increase/decrease thrust. I suppose on the bike it must be something like a big torque converter?????

My Dreambikes???????

1.) Rossi's 2001 NSR500

2.) Hailwoods IOM winning Ducacti 750SS

3.) Ducati Supermono

#16 ·
It's got 300 horsepower and 425 ft/lbs tq

The turbine in the bike runs on a Rolls Royce Allison 25O-C18 Turbine, which was modified and mounted upside down in the frame. It will run on anything that burns. Fresh out of jet fuel? Just serve it up some diesel or kerosene! If it burns and you can pour it in the tank, the engine will run.

:laughing

#19 ·
I am easy to please on this one
any new 600 for the track (zx6r or gsxr600)
or the new VFR looks pretty sweet for longer rides.
Would say a Desmosedici RR but for some reason I do not think I would be able to get the most out of it, besides a simple lowside at the track would cost more than a new gixxer.........its' a Ducati and membership has its price :laughing:

#20 ·
Being a typical suzuki owners and knowing that gixxers rule, id have to get me the Suzuki GSVR.....a Blue one of course

Option 2 would be the Ducati Desmosedici.

#23 ·
What's with Sqrly bumping all these old threads?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.