Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Ill play the part of arch.

'dats so baddddd.... what if that was a troup of drunk teen batonist that went into the wrong house because they lost their keys, and the owner thought their batons were rifles...'

jk :) :)

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts

'dats so baddddd.... what if that was a troup of drunk teen batonist that went into the wrong house because they lost their keys, and the owner thought their batons were rifles...'

Then I'll play the part of Odysseys.

"I'm not even going to reply here, because there are no reasoning with pussys like you. "

JK Ken :twofinger

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
.wonder what would have happened if he didn't have one himself.
Mayor Daley would have you bbelieve they would would have sat down for a spot of tea and waited for the police to show up to handle the situation. :lmao:

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
Mayor Daley would have you bbelieve they would would have sat down for a spot of tea and waited for the police to show up to handle the situation. :lmao:
:laughing:

cause mayor daley is all about waiting and doing things the right way

Reactions: norton

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,536 Posts
WRONG.

Daley's reaction would have been "If guns where banned this kind of thing would never happen. Period."

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Or that if guns were banned, the robbers would have decided not to do it because guns were illegal and they didn't want to break the law to obtain them in order to rob houses. After all, guns are the reason we have crime. These things never happened before guns were invented.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
WRONG.

Daley's reaction would have been "If guns where banned this kind of thing would never happen. Period."
:lmao: :lmao: and that would prove why he's such a dumbass. It wasn't the guns that broke into this guys house

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts

:spit

Armed men are always so benign :jerkit:

Threat was already established from barging in w/ weapons. Enjoy the lights out, bitches! :beltfed

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,536 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: and that would prove why he's such a dumbass. It wasn't the guns that broke into this guys house
Daley's continued statement:
Take away the guns, you take away the reason to break into the house in the first place. Come on people its simple reasoning. What don't you understand!

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Handguns are completely banned in Chicago for what...20 years? However it's one of the leading cities in shootings. This point is clear, what's not clear is why no one seems to be getting it.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Handguns are completely banned in Chicago for what...20 years? However it's one of the leading cities in shootings. This point is clear, what's not clear is why no one seems to be getting it.
In other forms, it's called closing the barn door after the horse already ran away.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Daley's continued statement:
Take away the guns, you take away the reason to break into the house in the first place. Come on people its simple reasoning. What don't you understand!

oh durrr.....

if they dont have guns then they dont need to break in to make money to buy the bullets for the guns...

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In other forms, it's called closing the barn door after the horse already ran away.
But why isn't anything being done about it? It's clear that his idea of an all-out ban doesn't work and we've had decades to see it. So why not try something different? To tie in to the original topic...you have to see some good that came from possessing a gun in the home did (well not for the robbers I guess). I mean what's the response to cases like this?

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,536 Posts
But why isn't anything being done about it? It's clear that his idea of an all-out ban doesn't work and we've had decades to see it. So why not try something different? To tie in to the original topic...you have to see some good that came from possessing a gun in the home did (well not for the robbers I guess). I mean what's the response to cases like this?
Its the same old gun debate. Pro- bring up case like this, where people protected themselves and their families. Anti- bring up cases where children accidently killed themselves after finding and playing with an un-secured gun.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
"police said the robber's injuries were not life threatening"

...too bad

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its the same old gun debate. Pro- bring up case like this, where people protected themselves and their families. Anti- bring up cases where children accidently killed themselves after finding and playing with an un-secured gun.
The anti parts are much easier to counter. If they're worried about kids shooting themselves then you mandate a safety course, distribute more info on the topic, etc... On average I see kids in homes with guns have a very big understanding of what it is and handle the gun in the presence of their parents better than most guys I go to the range with.

In the end, there will always be deaths from guns, that's part of their purpose no matter how you break it down. The difference is if you let misinformation instill panic in you and convince you on a topic.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
The anti parts are much easier to counter. If they're worried about kids shooting themselves then you mandate a safety course, distribute more info on the topic, etc... On average I see kids in homes with guns have a very big understanding of what it is and handle the gun in the presence of their parents better than most guys I go to the range with.

In the end, there will always be deaths from guns, that's part of their purpose no matter how you break it down. The difference is if you let misinformation instill panic in you and convince you on a topic.
The problem as I see it is that neither side wants to budge an inch so that something can be met in the middle.

If the anti side would give up the total ban bullshit and the pro side would give up the "I should be able to floss my teeth with my pistol in a crowded McDonald's" then something decent might come of it.

Lift the ban (sorry Anti's, you have to give a little) but also pass a law for mandatory locks and or safes (Sorry Pro's.. give a little.. besides, it's unenforceable and it shows that you really *ARE* responsible like you claim to be). +1 on mandatory safety courses too and background checks.

There are plenty of give/takes that both sides can do to each establish what they want... but each side sees any smidgen or budging as 'weakness'. :rolleyes

·
Orgynizer ,
14,367 Posts
This needs to happen more often!!!!

Well not the robbing part....but the robbers getting shot :D

1 - 20 of 143 Posts