Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
Nice fucking article. What exactly is a "gold plated health benefit?" 70k isn't much, especially considering the amount of taxes there are in Chicago.
Not sure on the health care thing, but $71,000 is a lot when compared to the $49,000 yearly average for a teacher. And $71,000 is a lot, when you have a shorter day than most people, have summers off and get 20 paid holidays (I think?) during that 9 month work period. And get a full pension.

I hope when they strike next year, they are all fired. It'll suck for a lot of people, especially the good ones, but something has to change, it's getting ridiculous.

· Registered
838 Posts

· Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
hey stupid! The Gipper was Reagan's lifelong nickname.
I know dipshit, but the other definitions were far funnier (and arguably more applicable).

You thinking I'm stupid doesn't change the fact that Reagan was one of the greatest U.S. President of all time. You probably think Clinton or Obummer is #1. :lmao:
Oh, so I'm now a Clinton or Obama supporter? Where'd you get that from?

· Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
doh! you making fun of the Gipper, that's where I got it from. :eek:kfucktard:
I wasn't making fun of "Gipper" you dumbshit, I was making fun of you.

Oh wait, you still think that everyone here on CLSB loves you.

· Registered
345 Posts
Not sure on the health care thing, but $71,000 is a lot when compared to the $49,000 yearly average for a teacher. And $71,000 is a lot, when you have a shorter day than most people, have summers off and get 20 paid holidays (I think?) during that 9 month work period. And get a full pension.

I hope when they strike next year, they are all fired. It'll suck for a lot of people, especially the good ones, but something has to change, it's getting ridiculous.

I personally work for the school district and some teachers get paid over 100K dollars a year. This is a grade school. I've told off some teachers that complain about money. "Oh I'm not getting enough" I tell them right to there face "your getting more than you should and you get a reliable check" Some people need to just STFU seriously. They don't realize how good they have it.

They get every holiday off. Thanksgiving break 1 week. XMAS 2 weeks, Spring 1 week. Summer 3 months approx. When I break it down for them in simple terms they realize I speak some sort of truth. It's funny how the highly educated people seem to have the most shit for brains in my experience. I'm surprised some of them can wipe their own ass.

Meanwhile you have guys working construction like I did prior to this job making less working 5 times harder dealing with heat, whereas here it's 68 degrees all year long. I don't really take this personally, I have it really good right now, but the story to this post is some people need to just open up there eyes.

· Registered
13,775 Posts
I personally work for the school district and some teachers get paid over 100K dollars a year. This is a grade school. I've told off some teachers that complain about money. "Oh I'm not getting enough" I tell them right to there face "your getting more than you should and you get a reliable check" Some people need to just STFU seriously. They don't realize how good they have it.

They get every holiday off. Thanksgiving break 1 week. XMAS 2 weeks, Spring 1 week. Summer 3 months approx. When I break it down for them in simple terms they realize I speak some sort of truth. It's funny how the highly educated people seem to have the most shit for brains in my experience. I'm surprised some of them can wipe their own ass.

Meanwhile you have guys working construction like I did prior to this job making less working 5 times harder dealing with heat, whereas here it's 68 degrees all year long. I don't really take this personally, I have it really good right now, but the story to this post is some people need to just open up there eyes.

yeah? some teachers make less than 45k. Construction? What do you think of the fucking union laborers who make more than superintendents?

· Registered
345 Posts
yeah? some teachers make less than 45k. Construction? What do you think of the fucking union laborers who make more than superintendents?
In a nut shell the system is fucked and I don't disagree nor am I arguing. I just think it's crazy when people that have it really good complain.

I had a conversation with my friend last night. I told him because he was complaining about overtime retro pay. I said

"your lucky you got O.T" your lucky to just get your 40 hours. Lost of people don't have jobs.

There is another guy that has been off work for 9 weeks and got approved for 2 more because he has a bruised foot. REALLY! AND THEY APPROVED THIS!!!!!!!

I had my finger operated on and I was back to work in 2 hours. Some people just don't care how they look, they have no morals, and I believe they will get what comes to them in the end. Both injuries happened on the job for the record.

· Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts

be careful, some purple shirts may follow you home oneday

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.