Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
www.firespeed.com

I posted up in the open forum because I am hoping for you guys to test it out and let me know if anything is broken.

I am doing my best to fix anything/everything.

BTW, the pricing page goes to the old site since I havent redone the links for payments yet so I am aware of the 'bad link'

Suggestions also welcome!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I actually checked out the old site a couple days ago, this looks much better

- right away I noticed that the picture of ilmic's (sp?) big looks squashed, did you resize it to square or crop it?

- in the gallery the engine bay pic is broken, the busa swingarm/orange package/red spring don't have big pictures

- in the powdercoating section, the after pic of the before and after is too blurry to notice a difference

- in the rim stripes section the white stripe doesn't show up enlarged and the blue stripe is blurry

little things but like I said, overall a huge improvement

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
Have a place where people can buy stickers. They make bikes faster, and I need a few. No pictures of the before and after of the Speed Four, but that is ok because I do not own it anymore. And you are mostly a gixxer rules shop. :laughing:

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have a place where people can buy stickers. They make bikes faster, and I need a few. No pictures of the before and after of the Speed Four, but that is ok because I do not own it anymore. And you are mostly a gixxer rules shop. :laughing:
Actually, when I went to go build your gallery I went to the Dave13 folder on my computer it was empty, if you still have the pics I would luvv to put them up, I actually want diversity instead of just the gixxer orgy.

Yea me and Dean got something in the works!

Other than that, you're learning quick! Good job!
yea I am going to have fix all the aspects

its a pain, but I am trying to learn! painfully....

I actually checked out the old site a couple days ago, this looks much better

- right away I noticed that the picture of ilmic's (sp?) big looks squashed, did you resize it to square or crop it?

nah, i squished it,

- in the gallery the engine bay pic is broken, the busa swingarm/orange package/red spring don't have big pictures

fixing them!

- in the powdercoating section, the after pic of the before and after is too blurry to notice a difference

blurry? yep, i see it in the one photo. gotta fix it!

- in the rim stripes section the white stripe doesn't show up enlarged and the blue stripe is blurry

I need to get the full size of the white and blue all I had was small pics of them. thats why I dont have them up yet.

little things but like I said, overall a huge improvement
Thanks guys, make it so easy for me to fix the things

·
Infectious Human Waste
5,496 Posts
I noticed on your front page when you scroll over things the pics change except one... My computer isn't slow but it took awhile for it to load too... great improvement tho!

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
niiiice, big improvement on from the old. i haven't had a chance to check for bugs but i'll let you know of any after i poke around a bit

EDIT: first thing i noticed is your email link doesn't work

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Big improvement! :cheers:

What I would recommend (after just a quick look):
- On the gallery page, the blue around the pics clashes with the overall red theme. IMO, dark/bright red or black would work better.
- The striped background on left and right sort of blends with the primary section in the middle. I would use brighter vertical lines to separate main content.
- The font on the top menu is a bit hard to read. It took me quite a while to decipher the "rimtape" and I'm still not sure I got it right. I would recommend making it regular, non-italic, should work better.
- Section captions to the right to the FireSpeed logo are too small, they look a bit out of place.

:cheers:

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big improvement! :cheers:

What I would recommend (after just a quick look):
- On the gallery page, the blue around the pics clashes with the overall red theme. IMO, dark/bright red or black would work better.
- The striped background on left and right sort of blends with the primary section in the middle. I would use brighter vertical lines to separate main content.
- The font on the top menu is a bit hard to read. It took me quite a while to decipher the "rimtape" and I'm still not sure I got it right. I would recommend making it regular, non-italic, should work better.
- Section captions to the right to the FireSpeed logo are too small, they look a bit out of place.

:cheers:
i will learn how to change the color of the lines around it, didnt know that it was possible.

I will play with more buttons and see what I can come up with that is easier to read.

I will redo the font size on the page titles once I go downstairs! great input!

Soooooo I want to give you money for ze powdercoatings, but is your oven big enough to handle an 18x10" car wheel?
we are still in debate about the oven situation, like if its worthwhile to do large jobs (the prep work on those wheels take quiteeee a while) so we are trying to figure out that situation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts