Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

· Tgf Og
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like racing, and competitive racing,

that being said, if we are not going to race with a minimum of collisions on and the cheat lines off, it really isnt racing and id rather play shooters.

I think those who have the most problems with these two items need to practice some more and for the next race expect them turned off for good :lmao:

there are no race lines painted on the tracks in real life, and if ya hit someone your going to pay the price.

there is absouletly no challange or skill in this game if you dont have to worry about hitting someone without penalty,

Just my :2cents:

I enjoy racing everyone, but you've turned the best simulation race game into an arcade game :(

· Moderator,
22,442 Posts
I see your point with the collisions. At first I got annoyed with being hit off the track all the time, but I got over it. I like the extra challenge it presents when someone in front of you brakes and you have to brake harder to avoid them, or timing a pass out of a turn.

I disagree with you and the race lines. Jim, I know you've been playing race games a long time and are very good at them. But some of us haven't and the lines are helpful. You can say that they even up the field a little helping the newbies like me stay competitive with the vets like you.

After all, it is just a game. I like racing with friends, its more fun than racing with strangers. If my friends need a little help (race lines) to keep up with me and make the race more exciting then I don't mind at all.

· Super Moderator,
34,219 Posts
I think the brake line needs to be on. Some people just dont brake anywhere close to on time, call it late braking, and basically scrub speed by rear ending you. That's no good. The race line can be removed though.

· Registered
789 Posts
Well, since you brought it up, the collisions off thing truly does change the game and I would have to agree that it is overall for the worse with the only exceptions IMO being Nurberring. I personally don't care if I have the lines on or not, but it dosent bother me in the least if someone else uses them for assistance. It is not like we are running different class rooms for beginners and veterans, so let them even the field. I still want to play every Tuesday, we just need to find out who can host everyone and who can't without member entry issues due to router incampatibility.

· CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
20,034 Posts
the race lines help if people are not very familer with the track, i have not raced all the tracks, and know them well enough to know what the correct line is. if i'm racing against someone who knows the track like the back of there hand, its no fun you win, plan and simple.

as for crashes.. rubbing is racing. yes some people can be dicks about it, and "take you out" and it can get gay quick. but if its turned off completely. you might as well, just run the track alone, and post up your best lap times and have races that way.

· Tgf Og
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chills, its a simulation game, and your one of the faster guys, you shouldnt need them anymore.

want the lines on to get better, should be doing that in single player (time trials)

here is an example for you chills

I went to the time trials to see who had fastest lap times etc etc on the time trial races. back when i got the game all i did was get to the time to get mark and quit the game to unlock the cars get the acheivement. so my lap times where slow compared to a lot of you (you being on the top of most of the list). i then went out to put my name on top. i did it first without the cheat lines and set fastest lap times. i then went back over them with the cheat lines on and improved my lap times anywhere from .2 seconds to 2 full seconds.

Want me to turn cheat lines on for me???????

all im saying is your using as a crutch to catch up to me instead of actually learning the track and what works best for you.

and since you cant limit it to just nOobs getting the race line, they should just be off in competition

again just my 2c, its not hurting me, Its hurting the guys who dont have as much time into it as say the fast guys who are using it, and you know who you are.

· Moderator,
22,442 Posts
EDIT: In my first post I meant brake lines, not race lines.

Jim, I fully admit I use the brake lines as a crutch. I've tried playing solo career with them off and I'm horrible. Each car brakes so differently that I cannot get close to where my times were with them on. You were 2 seconds better with the brake lines on. I am 5-10 second slower with them off due to late braking, going off into the pea gravel, way too early braking, etc.

If you'd like to turn them on for you I wouldn't mind. I would be a hypocrite if I did. If that means I won't be able to keep up with you then that's how it goes. No biggie.

You are probably right, though. If I did turn off the brake lines in solo and practice a lot I'd probably get good enough to race against you faster guys with them off. I just haven't had the time to do that.

I still don't see how having brake lines on really hurts the racing. Like I said before, racing with your friends is for fun. I'd rather have the slower guys handicapped a little so they can keep up than be out in front all by myself.

· Tgf Og
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me guess, Ken and Bill turned it into a crash fest last night?
well bill did once:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

an example

jim and beef using R2 class cars everyone else in R1 cars.

ken and bill got the jump but with collisions on, beef and I where able to catch them with me eventually taking the lead when ken and bill crashed and beef ran wide. i led the last two laps. bill slowly erased my lead on the last lap. i braked early thinking he was going to go by me and deep and id short cut the turn. well instead he ass packed me :lmao: i held the lead coming onto the front straight but only marginally due to our collision. i tried to block him ;) :laughing: :laughing: but he got the better of that and i ended up finishing third behind him and beef who had caught up while bill and i traded paint.

kruz is the biggest complainer bar none about collisions being on. i think if he just let the carnage happen in turn one and then go after it instead of trying to be first into 1 he would do much better because he does run some respectable times.

chills, true its fun racing with friends, however again this is a SIMULATION game not a PGR4 arcade style game.

simulation means no cheats <----- right kruz :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

· Moderator,
22,442 Posts
chills, true its fun racing with friends, however again this is a SIMULATION game not a PGR4 arcade style game.

We just see this issue differently. No biggie. We can always split the rooms between people who want to use brake lines and people who don't. I'd rather keep it all in one room, though, and race against everyone.

· Premium Member
38,375 Posts
I gotta start hanging back, through the first couple turns, I can turn killer times all day long in career mode, till we all get together and I end up a half lap down 90% of the time racing by myself.

· Why Does My Finger Stink?
286 Posts
Jim that was a great race last night. I truly thought that with me on your ass for the last couple of laps you would definitely ride out the last couple of corners hot! Oops!:lmao: Ass packed is putting it lightly, I shattered your plexi rear screen!

Ken tried to hang with me in a couple of corners, true that.:flip But when I saw his car catch 2 feet of air off the aprons I knew I was in for a hurtin' :1pimp I love running with kenny we laugh so hard sometimes we need to race wearing a pair of depends!:robewizar

I now know the HORROR which is KRUZ! :nutkick: Let me try to sum it all up for you...
1) Light turns green
2) Lots of smoke pouring off new tires
3) Turn one (any track) comes upon us at a alarming rate
4) Most of us on the brake just enough to accomplish threshold braking
5) KRUZ never letting off the throttle thinking he is flying a plane...
6) Smash - Crash - Hit - Collide
7) Everyones car in the run off KRUZ goes through the corner without having to use his brakes and we are turned into NERF BARS!
8) Spend the rest of the race trying to finish in the top half!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KRUZ I don't care I just love your excuses "I didn't come anywhere near you" or the best "you hit me!" :lmao: :lmao:

I had a blast! Lets do this again SOON! But we must, for the MINIs and MUSCLEs, leave collisions ON and cheating lines OFF. For the R1 and R2 stuff when we are fackin off I think they should be opposite. Just my :2cents:

· Premium Member
38,375 Posts
I think I have the solution, we break this up just like a track day. In Forza we all have driver levels that we achieve through experience. I for instance am a level 20 Jim is probably much higher etc. Lets break it up into B, I, and A groups with their own rooms. 15 and under should be "B" group 15-25 "I" group 25 and over "A" group.

· Why Does My Finger Stink?
286 Posts
Sounds too much like real life! As well as a lot of work.

Not to mention where are you going to race... In which class? The classes only go down to B!:lmao:

With your equipment troubles you won't even be racing with us!:lmao:

Get yo shit fixed so we can race!:1pimp

4,720 Posts
I think I have the solution, we break this up just like a track day. In Forza we all have driver levels that we achieve through experience. I for instance am a level 20 Jim is probably much higher etc. Lets break it up into B, I, and A groups with their own rooms. 15 and under should be "B" group 15-25 "I" group 25 and over "A" group.
I like that idea. My driver level is like 5, my cars is like 17. Do we have enough inexperienced drivers to populate a B group?

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.