Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I hear doorbell, figure WTF. might as well answer it

its a guy from 'US savings' something

was covering verbiage on the contract, was stating that he was here to check eligibility for a gas savings program.

figure, "lets see where this pony show goes" so I get my bill.

guy starts reading words that he shouldnt be if he had been doing this for a job. checking things off,

"yes you are elgible"

(what a suprise)

this program is to protect rates from going up. I bet...

constant 1.09 a therm pricing.

:lmao:

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
so I hear doorbell, figure WTF. might as well answer it

its a guy from 'US savings' something

was covering verbiage on the contract, was stating that he was here to check eligibility for a gas savings program.

figure, "lets see where this pony show goes" so I get my bill.

guy starts reading words that he shouldnt be if he had been doing this for a job. checking things off,

"yes you are elgible"

(what a suprise)

this program is to protect rates from going up. I bet...

constant 1.09 a therm pricing.

what is a fair price? I don't follow the bill, just pay it (which I know is probably stupid)

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
you pay less than that now. the point is you start paying the higher cost now, but it wont go up at all for like 3 years. It's a gamble, might pay off, probably wont though.

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
No one sends someone to your door to help you keep your money.

That's just not how business is done.
ahh but smart business teaches me how to more effectively use the money I have.

i have to pay for gas, if im paying .80 a therm now and somebody comes to my door offering me a lesser rate, they are getting my money, but the net is I am putting out less.

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
They were going up and down my block early this year. They make it seem like they are with the gas company when they are actually trying to be a middle man. They buy they're energy from Peoples Gas or NiCor and then sell it to you. Of course they have to charge you their rate per therm. which is going to be a few cents more per therm.
They convinced my dad it was a good idea, but I got them to cancel the contract by telling them that I was going to let the IL attorney general know they are taking advantage of the elderly.

I think its a complete ripoff. If US Savings shows up at your door, close the door!

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the crap they gave me

"Us Energy Savings Corp.

For your energy, For your peace of mind"

on the contract
HOLY CHIT!!!

cancellation fee is;

10 cents per therm of remaining usage for remainder of contract,

5 years x (average therm year residential is 1000x.10cents=$100 a year) =500$ to cancel out of contract!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Anytime somebody rings my bell with one of those phony looking uniforms I'm fully expecting a jack move...

·
Wild slide rule roots
1,735 Posts
Seriously: don't bother. US Savings has been in all sorts of trouble with the Illinois Commerce Commission over deceptive advertising and business practices. I'm not going to go so far as to say that they're outright scammers, but they surely don't look squeaky clean either.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not going to go so far as to say that they're outright scammers, but they surely don't look squeaky clean either.
I will, that guy seemed shadddddy to me. and pointing at his badge saying he was from a us agency, which was funny because on the badge it had a solicitor license number from IL trying to be official.

·
Wild slide rule roots
1,735 Posts
I will, that guy seemed shadddddy to me. and pointing at his badge saying he was from a us agency, which was funny because on the badge it had a solicitor license number from IL trying to be official.

OK, yeah, that's a scam. I can see where people might complain about that.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
When someone comes to the door trying to sell me something, I say to them "Let me tell you a little about God first". They never stick around.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
When someone comes to the door trying to sell me something, I say to them "Let me tell you a little about God first". They never stick around.
what if they are trying to sell you bibles?

·
Chief Apex Inspector
10,597 Posts
This is one of those times when you have three days to cancel....

Tom

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
you pay less than that now. the point is you start paying the higher cost now, but it wont go up at all for like 3 years. It's a gamble, might pay off, probably wont though.
I know this is a complete over simplification...
but I'll say it anyway...

Mind you I have never heard of this before seeing this right here...

Almost sounds like they are trying to bring a simplified version of the futures market to the public.. I am sure it is a scam.. but does it not sound a gateway into that?

I remember reading a while back how Southwest was doing AWESOME because they had bought a shitload of fuel futures before gas prices went skyrocketing.. so they were paying 30% or more less for their fuel than the majority of the other carriers (large airlines generally don't just pull up to the local gas station.. they pre-buy :) )

I might have this completely wrong... I know they are not actually selling fuel futures.. but.. the concept sounds to be similar to me...

Anyone else?
Am I totally off here?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts