Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mogwai
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Up for sale is a used and loved 2009 Ninja 250r. It's had a multipurposed life; it's been a [commuter + city + track bike] for a whole and it shows. However, the bike runs great and has had regular maintenance while I've owned it (about two years now). Most damage is purely cosmetic- I ground off some of a rearset and some of the clipon in a track-related lowside, but those are all individually replaceable parts and don't impair function in the least. It's also been knocked over a time or two on both sides while it lived on the streets.

It's a perfect lightweight city bike, super fun track bike. I never really like saying it's a "beginner bike", but it does really suit beginner street riders. You should buy it and give it a home and ride it a lot. Or buy it for someone else so they can learn the love of motorcycles!

PROS:
* Jardine slip on exhaust pipe
* braided stainless steel brake lines
* new brake pads 2015 (have only ridden bike once in 2016)
* new tires in 2015 (have 4 or 5 trackdays on them, )
* woodcraft lowered clipons (have the stock ones)
* woodcraft frame sliders
* woodcraft rearsets (have the stock ones)
* drilled for safety wire (some components safety wired)
* forks track nice and straight
* new Amsoil oil 8/2016
* carb clean 8/2016
* brake fluid flush 9/2015
* new battery purchased in 2015, kept on a tender when not in use, in heated house.

CONS:
* every single body panel is cracked, rashed, or broken somehow. Except the windscreen.
* all of the bodywork and the windscreen are blue, but none of it's quite the same shade of blue.
* none of the fairing bolts match. Some of it's held to the frame by zip ties.

PM if interested. I'm fairly quick to respond.
(Open to trade + me giving cash for a KTM RC390)

Here are some pictures that detail the state of the bodywork:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts