Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving into a small studio apartment. No room for a bed and a couch so I'm thinking a futon or sofa bed. Does anybody have an experience with these things. Where do i even buy these things.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
I'd go sofa bed if looks are important. I've seen a lot of futons in my life and no matter how expensive/nice they are, they always make the place look like a college dorm room.

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
ikea is cheap but man are those things uncomfortable. they always end up gettin lumpy and are murder on the back. i had bed in my studio and it seemed fine to me.

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd go sofa bed if looks are important. I've seen a lot of futons in my life and no matter how expensive/nice they are, they always make the place look like a college dorm room.
It's going to look like a dorm room no matter what I do, it's a very small, very old studio. I'm shying away from sofa beds, i have never laid on one that wasn't a torture rack. I vaguely remember passing out on futons during my slightly more drunk years and they didn't ssem that bad.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
If you get a futon, definitely don't get the $99 from Walmart. I acquired many of them in my college years and the pads are very, very uncomfortable to sleep on. Look for one with springs in the pad. Most furniture stores should have them.

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Check out Sofa World in Morton Grove, I got my sofa from them. It was a long wait but worth it. Not sure if they have sofa beds, though.

6801 W. Dempster
Morton Grove IL 60053
Phone # 847-967-8400

Also check out Dania, they had a decent selection of sofa beds, IIRC:

1001 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook - (847) 205-1822

Room and Board might have some stuff, although I don't remember for sure.

Also, check out Scandinavian Design. I really, really don't remember seeing sofas / sofa beds there, but they have a lot of nice furniture which is like high quality (and a bit overpriced) IKEA:

4028 Dempster St
(between Crawford Ave & Keystone Ave)
Skokie, IL 60076

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you plan on not having sex for a while? Seriously though, you'll have better luck at your parent's house on a twin size bed than with a futon.

My:2cents: .
Sex is not a problem, being able to move my back in the morning is. Maybe I'll just get a bed and throw some huge pillows on it to make it into more of a sofa.

BTW, my parents house saw endless action, my p's encouraged sex, it's healthy.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
someone knocked a photo over :)

good lookin futon and FYI deans is nice because if you look at the middle it has a brace to support your fat ass, most cheap futons dont have this and it causes them to droop.

I slept on a futon for 4+ years and loved it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts