Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Listen to Motley Crue
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be finishing the garage floor (not until spring for obvious reasons). I am thinking about an epoxy floor but did like the racedeck (but don;t wanna spend the cash) Anyone use epoxy before? Recommendations?

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
If you don't want to spend the cash don't get an epoxy floor. The store bought do it yourself ones I hear only last a couple of years if that.

·
Registered
439 Posts
http://www.specco.com/

I used to work for this company and their products are very good. Also, if you have any other questions that other people can't answer about prepping and the application you can contact Jimmy (815-463-9175 New Lenox store) or Victor (630-257-5440 Lemont store) at Concrete Clinic.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I keep thinking about just buying the black and white peel and stick tiles.

·
rider for life
705 Posts
HDTony said:
I keep thinking about just buying the black and white peel and stick tiles.
I also considered them for a basement concrete floor, until reading the preparation requirements. My floor is 40 years old and I don't think they'll adhere long term, even after the nasty prep. We'll have to find a better alternative, I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to be finishing the garage floor (not until spring for obvious reasons). I am thinking about an epoxy floor but did like the race deck grind and seal(but don't wanna spend the cash) Anyone used epoxy before? Recommendations?
Just trying to get some pros-cons on each. I definitely want to clean up the garage floor and protect it. I have a 20x 24 garage so the race deck (click-together flooring) will run around $500. Seems like the epoxy paint is pretty durable, but time-consuming (industrial stuff). Tell me what you like/hate about each. I am not committed to either side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts