Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Regardless of your religious/cultural belief, do you think its legal under our consti

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Fuck it - If 2 people can find happiness, bravo - Get married and fuck !!!

Reactions: Lonely Raven

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
In it's current state, no, I do not believe that gay marriage is allowed under the constitution, though I do believe that it should be allowed.

· I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
I think males should be allowed to get married, but not two females. Reason being is of marriage lowers the amount of sex people have my plan will lower the amount of dude one dude action while keeping girl on girl action strong.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
The constitution is an out dated list of ideas. Holding it as law so many years later is like taking the bible literally for those who follow it. I get pissed when I receive a old owners manual for a updated electronic device I bought, lol.. The founding fathers were wise but how the fuck can their ideas be valid today with how much the world has changed today? Follow those old ideas and women still could not vote if taken literally.

· Banned
8,661 Posts
The constitution is an out dated list of ideas. Holding it as law so many years later is like taking the bible literally for those who follow it. I get pissed when I receive a old owners manual for a updated electronic device I bought, lol.. The founding fathers were wise but how the fuck can their ideas be valid today with how much the world has changed today? Follow those old ideas and women still could not vote if taken literally.

women shouldn't vote. they be staying in the kitchen making me a sammwhich. Shit, the educated property owners having the right to vote, would be valid today.

Or women can vote if they are educated and own property. There, change.

· Please attend carefully..
2,623 Posts
My thoughts on the whole subject?

· Boom
13,174 Posts
Have you read the constitution?

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
This, right here, tells me just about everything I'll ever need to know about you politically, and explains quite clearly many of your prior posts.

...240 years was a LOOOOOOOONG time ago :rolleyes :lmao: The world hasn't changed in two THOUSAND years let alone two hundred.

Perspective, some have it, some don't.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
This, right here, tells me just about everything I'll ever need to know about you politically, and explains quite clearly many of your prior posts.

...240 years was a LOOOOOOOONG time ago :rolleyes :lmao: The world hasn't changed in two THOUSAND years let alone two hundred.

Perspective, some have it, some don't.
So the constitution should be able to predict every possible future issue, why the need for amendments?

The constitution forgot to add simple things like some freedom's below. Had to be ADDED since it was missed the first time around.

1791 - Bill of rights
1st Protects the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government.
thru
10th Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution.

Luckily we live in a country that allows "updates" to be made. Yes, I realize 240yrs is different than thousands of years but even 240 years ago this country was different than today. To illustrate how fast things can change. in 1967 a Virginia law was over ruled buy the Supreme court to allow inter racial marriage. Loving v. Virginia. A lot can change happen in a few years. The founding fathers not predicting the future is not a fault on them, they were men and not fortune tellers. I bet if you read some of the stuff you wrote in HS you would have seen that you had different views than today.

· Registered
3,742 Posts
So the constitution should be able to predict every possible future issue, why the need for amendments?

The constitution forgot to add simple things like some freedom's below. Had to be ADDED since it was missed the first time around.

1971 - Bill of rights
1st Protects the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government.
thru
10th Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution.

Luckily we live in a country that allows "updates" to be made. Yes, I realize 240yrs is different than thousands of years but even 240 years ago this country was different than today. To illustrate how fast things can change. in 1967 a Virginia law was over ruled buy the Supreme court to allow inter racial marriage. Loving v. Virginia. A lot can change happen in a few years. The founding fathers not predicting the future is not a fault on them, they were men and not fortune tellers. I bet if you read some of the stuff you wrote in HS you would have seen that you had different views than today.
Wow. Bill of Rights (1st ten Amendments) was ratified in 1789, IIRC. They were part of a political deal cut to get the original Constitution through the ratification process.

And the US Constitution does not ban Same-Sex marriage, so it is allowed under the Constitution. It's other laws that ban it, not the Constitution.

Current case asks if those state bans (and the Federal ban on recognition) are in conflict with the 14th Amendment, passed and ratified right after the Civil War (1860's)

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
Spot on Craig.

I love when folks shit all over the constitution before having an ample understanding of it to do so.

The genius of the constitution is its flexibility...flexibility and an emphasis on maintaining a well rounded spread of "power", mainly resting with the people themselves.

Large scale centralized government, the kind of government that folks who oft poop on the Constitution want, is precisely what the founders of this country fled from and it's precisely what the Constitution was designed to prevent...which of course is why some don't like it;)

Very little has actually changed with the way humans live, interact and govern...look through history, it's been the same debates, the same politics...the same story repeated over and over. Sure, the issues may change, slightly, but the power struggle goes on as ever.

Part of my whole "what people do with their personal lives is their business" thing is precisely that, maintaining power where it belongs. With the Public, not a small ruling class telling me they "know better" than I.

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.