Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
I was just telling rick, I've got armfulls of both Gen1 and Gen2...I can't imagine me reinvesting in Gen3 now. Especially since I've not had a single failure on any of my previous PMAGs.

I still say the Troy Battlemag is pretty decent kit as well. Though I'm pretty much a Magpul fanboy.

· Computer Junkie
1,109 Posts
Isn't it weird that you have to put a plastic cap on it because you don't want the lips to bulge out? My alum mags have been filled since before 2001 and haven't had too many issues with them.

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Isn't it weird that you have to put a plastic cap on it because you don't want the lips to bulge out? My alum mags have been filled since before 2001 and haven't had too many issues with them.
interesting. source?

My standing info on the dust caps were to prevent debris getting in during storage as well as leveling the follower with the rounds loaded up to keep the magazine spring to its most efficient capability.

· Computer Junkie
1,109 Posts
interesting. source?

My standing info on the dust caps were to prevent debris getting in during storage as well as leveling the follower with the rounds loaded up to keep the magazine spring to its most efficient capability.
I guess it's not confirmed, just a nasty rumor. :p I wouldn't want to proliferate that rumor either, but I've heard it from multiple people who are afraid of not using them due fear of the feed lips warping out.

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts

· Computer Junkie
1,109 Posts

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.