Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey .... I just ran across a GREAT pair of gloves that Kill the buzz that you get in your hands. I picked them up at a Harley Dealer... I know , i know.... Wifey wanted a pair of Riding boots so we found them on sale at a Harley dealer.... anyway.... :twofinger
If you dont like the Road Warrrior look and still be able to steer your bike... these are the gloves for you. A BUSA because it is SO bad ass... :rofl ( Ask Dave ) gets a bit-O-the- Buzz in da bars.. hence..... Numb Fingers..... But these bad boys Kill the Numbness....Plus they are in Designer Colors !.. A Bonus!:thumbsup

·
No more street...
356 Posts
Glad your happy with them.

One warning though...

Those gloves won't serve a complete purpose (protection wise). The reason most protective gloves are gaunlet style, is, it prevents the jacket from riding up your arm in a get-off. This is an exteremly important quality (ask Wolfgang).

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I realize that....... But if I CANT feel my fingers......... WTF?
I am better off with these, at least I can feel the bars... I was constantly shaking my hands trying to get the blood back... In my opinon... theses are much safer. FOR me.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I think Ken has a pair of those:confused :confused

they look sweet. I have that problem with the R1 and should look into a pair.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
yeah i got them had them for about a month now..got them at willy world actually...i think for like 30 bucks.

they are nice...(not race gloves for sure, let alone leather)
also too 1 bad thing with them...but after a few times you wont care...that damm valcro sticks to about every part of the glove...so like when yuo put 1 on and pull the pther glove on with the hand you already have a glove on...the valcro sticks to it..mostly that gray part..and of course pulls the fibers up and make it look like fuzzy wuzzy.

other then tha its a nice gell glove

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
you couls look into some gel gloves made for bicyclists. they have half fingers. Might fit under your reg pretective gloves. Just an idea.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Your bars can't be that buzzy. Have you ever ridden a 600? D oyou have the thicker Gel grips. I love mine, they make my bike tolerable.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
cherrypicker said:
Your bars can't be that buzzy. Have you ever ridden a 600? D oyou have the thicker Gel grips. I love mine, they make my bike tolerable.
good point. Grips are probably the better solution. So when I finally get off my lazy butt and get Grips and bar ends maybe the R1 will be a little easier on my hands and wrists.:confused :confused

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
cherrypicker said:
the loss of feeling he is experiencing is probably due to a combination of both buzz and of wrist position.

Everyone is different, but for me(my bike is pretty buzzy) I just deal with it cause it keeps me in closer to contact with what the bike is doing.

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
I do like the Olympia Gel gloves though. I bought them for myself and Emily. Never had any problem, but then again I never had to test how they would hold up sliding down the freeway. I cant imagine they would help too much. Bu they are comfortable, and look much better with my tank top and shorts than the forearm length ones did. :p

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The gloves i own are the AGV Sidewinders. They have the look and feel of a moto glove with the protection of a racing glove.
• Unique all purpose motorsport glove
• Hybrid of the best of road race, MX, and watercraft gloves
• Offers exceptional fit, comfort, cooling and protection
• Carbon composite armor with leather retainer
• Airprene synthetic base offers comfort and cooling
• Clarino palm with Gel palm inserts for vibration dampening
• Kevlar Keprotec palm patch for added reinforcement
• Armor finger protectors
• Grip strips on forefingers for added control

and the best part is that they were only $40-45

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well then my Gloves suck........... :confused

·
Registered
108 Posts
phoenix glove review

I just tested my phoenix gloves protection level. At some point to stop sliding I put my hands down and they got the most damage of my gear. My hands got no abrasions but both gloves have some holes in the palmand thumb and some of the upper fingers is melted. And I was only going about 30-40, I also slid on my jeans and they got no holes.
Basically the phoenix is for really hot weather and ive just been using them all the time because with the silver plastic knuckles and all they seemed protective. I will have to get a better set of gloves that I can wear when its not really hot.
Jon Nagela

1 - 16 of 16 Posts