Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
YO MAMA
46,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short as of late what crazy shit to stay away from cause of the price hike/scare/ripping people off.

My plans are to get a couple Springfield Armory 45's again like my TRP operator in the full lenth rail.

Another 308 sniper platform, maybe a 357 revolver, maybe a S&W 500 pistol. Etc.
would like to get another RRA 223 entry tactical again and some 30 round mags but FUCK over paying.

So what has went nuts?

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
Are you joking? Everything has gone bonkers. You're going to pay twice as much as what you sold your shit for if not more. :(

IMO at least wait on the AR and mags. They got hit the worst.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
The shelves are emptying out of everything at an amazing pace. People are panic buying so I don't think there will be any deals out there especially on anything semiauto.

I'm sure you can still get reasonable deals on wheel guns and a .308.

Oh, I was going to swing by GAT this weekend to shoot. If I see anything I'll let you know.

·
I heard an employee of Springfield Arms say "we normally get orders between 1500 and 2500 pieces per week. The last two were 15000 and 25000."

Good luck. From what I've seen you can't even get parts for guns right now. I just ordered some surplus mags for my hk91. Limit of two per purchase. I saw an auction for 5 pmags end at 650. Megasports wont let you in the door after 5 unless you're picking up an order.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
I know why, but I still thought you were nutzo selling it off. Especially the TRP and .308. Those were serious machines.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have a 1 yr old RRA Elite Op 2. Burris 332 sight mounted on a quick release. For the right price I'll let it go. I have 2 RRA stamped mags and 2 pmags that I used only once or twice.

A few extra things too.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
18,882 Posts
AR are in limited supply here, same as 30 round pmags. Everything else is the same price before Obama opened his fucking mouth. Class 3 weapons are also the same price, but good luck finding only a full auto lower. Last one I saw was 12k and climbing. The rifle can be had for 15k.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
im just sad I wasn't even referenced in this post or anything :( otherwise I could have mentioned a lead on possibly two new TRP full rails, but nooooooooo

please hold while I butthurt cry.

·
Wisconsin FIB
2,232 Posts
In short as of late what crazy shit to stay away from cause of the price hike/scare/ripping people off.

My plans are to get a couple Springfield Armory 45's again like my TRP operator in the full lenth rail.

Another 308 sniper platform, maybe a 357 revolver, maybe a S&W 500 pistol. Etc.
would like to get another RRA 223 entry tactical again and some 30 round mags but FUCK over paying.

So what has went nuts?
Ill sell you my TRP Operator w/ half rail. 850 rounds through it, trijicon sights, only has been used as a target gun.

$15,000

:lmao:
Seriously though, things have gone nuts and its the worst time to buy. I've been having a hard time finding .45 ammo even.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
no clue, but here's where I saw them last.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=660648

This T.R.P. Operator has the highly sought after Full Length Rail. This gun also has the standard T.R.P. features including 20 lpi front strap checkering, fully adjustable low mount night sights, G-10 grips, and extended mag well. This gun also comes with the Springfield gear package which includes two magazines, holster and double mag pouch.

CALL FOR PRICE

you can go ahead and get the second for me as a finders fee :)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
good luck. I have a buddy standing in line this morning at bass pro shop out here because they are getting a shipment of bushmasters in. I told him even if he does get a rifle he isn't going to be able to find any magazines for it lol.

·
underpaid pilot
1,207 Posts
Just guns.
Divorce....never a good thing. Lol

Maybe ill wait till this shit storm is over. Not as nuts about it all as I use to be.
Wait until it's over. People are panic buying. The ban will not pass the House, and in a few months this will blow over. My guess is by spring prices, and supply will be back to normal.

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Yeah stay away from the AR stuff for now as they are way overpriced. Everything else isn't bad.

for the .308 sniper platform, you can't go wrong with the Remington 700. I did the Remington 700 SPS. Only downside to it is the stock. If you don't want to invest in an aftermarket stock take a look at the Remington 700 Police or 5R. All 3 are great guns. The SPS runs about $575, Police is about $750 I think. not sure ont eh 5R.

I hear Ammo is becoming tough to get right now too so you may want to look into reloading.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.