Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry all I didn't heed your advice. I just couldn't take my eyes off of the 02 ZX6R.

So, I balancded my check book and decided I ought to do it. Traded in the F3. Wednesday I say goodbye to my good friend and say hello to my new one.

So, who's got the best deal and qucikest delivery on frame sliders? I know Jim makes them, but I don't think he wants to do these, they mount through a big counter bore in the body work, a bit trickeier to machine.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congrats! :cheers

I would try www.kneedraggers.com for gettting frame sliders quick. I got mine and my pitbull stand in 3 days w/ standard UPS ground.

Doc

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
:thumbsup Congrats on the new ride. Im sure you will enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
big step up, man. Congrats! I thought there was an issue with slider mounting on the 6r and 9r due to placement of the coolant overflow bottle.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Yeah, you need to talk to Pete.

Then again, I don't know if Pete has made them for a -6R before. Without the bike here he might not be able to make them. He needs to get some dimensions from the bike first.

How come Pete hasn't chimed in yet. Don't tell me he's actually working! :laughing

Congrats on the new bike Nick. I did like your F3 though, it was my favorite color scheme of those models! The -6R is my fav of the 600s. Probably my inner desire to ride like E-Boz and Tommy Hayden.

Chris

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered the intuitives from knee draggers.

Chris, they mount fine as far as I know, except they mount through a faring mounting hole, so all that is really holding them in place is a relitvly small fairing size allen head. They may not survive. Hopefully won't have to find out how well they work :D ..

Ohh, I got the red and black, I don't care for the team green schem at all :nono .

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Nick 600 F3 said:
Ordered the intuitives from knee draggers.

Chris, they mount fine as far as I know, except they mount through a faring mounting hole, so all that is really holding them in place is a relitvly small fairing size allen head. They may not survive. Hopefully won't have to find out how well they work :D ..

Ohh, I got the red and black, I don't care for the team green schem at all :nono .

they wont survive, in fact they could do more harm than good as they shove that fairing tab right through your frame. there is a company that sells a coolant resovoir bottle with a hole in it so you can use engine mount bolts for your sliders. i will see if i can find it for you.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
the 6R is a lot like the F4 in performance and ergonomics. It's a great bike with a really sweet motor. They are suppoed to ride nice and if set-up right they handle just as good as the rest of the 600's.

Nice choice. Have fun.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris from what I can see so far that faring mount is directly in the frame, like right in the meaty center of it. I think with the size of the counter bore in the faring that you would have a plently large contact area between the slider, the plastic, and the frame. I can't see it punching a fole in the frame, what I can see, is the bolt bending over causing damage to the plastic. Hmm I don't know, regardless its not the ideal set up like on your bike :twofinger . Let me know if you find anything. I thought intuitive stuff was pretty nice? They would really sell something that is more lily to cause greater damage then good to the bike?

So this one your looking for, it would require cutting the fairing? I don't think I'll do that.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Nick 600 F3 said:
Chris from what I can see so far that faring mount is directly in the frame, like right in the meaty center of it. I think with the size of the counter bore in the faring that you would have a plently large contact area between the slider, the plastic, and the frame. I can't see it punching a fole in the frame, what I can see, is the bolt bending over causing damage to the plastic. Hmm I don't know, regardless its not the ideal set up like on your bike :twofinger . Let me know if you find anything. I thought intuitive stuff was pretty nice? They would really sell something that is more lily to cause greater damage then good to the bike?

So this one your looking for, it would require cutting the fairing? I don't think I'll do that.
its peace of mind, nick. I would cut, i did on mine. I read about a guy on SBN that used the sliders you just orderd and had one of the tabs damage his frame in a lowside(and not an extreme lowside). when SBN speeds up i will link you.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
Nick 600 F3 said:
Sorry all I didn't heed your advice. I just couldn't take my eyes off of the 02 ZX6R.

So, I balancded my check book and decided I ought to do it. Traded in the F3. Wednesday I say goodbye to my good friend and say hello to my new one.

So, who's got the best deal and qucikest delivery on frame sliders? I know Jim makes them, but I don't think he wants to do these, they mount through a big counter bore in the body work, a bit trickeier to machine.
congrats!

so now it's also time for a new screenname?

you couldn't wait another month or two to see what the 03s were going to be like?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shut up ernie, lets not talk talk about that :jester .

I just felt like this was the bike for me. I know the 03 is going to be more agresive (I hope), and even if its not, its got to go up in price, and if it takes off like the R6, well then I wouldn't really be partial to it. There are no current 6R's around, at least up here, and I wanted a bike that most don't have. I'm picky :D . I wanted to hold out, but this isn't chicago, I could only find two in town, and one dealer had them both, the price was alright, so I did it.

CHRIS, your right, I found the post on SBN about the sliders. I called kneedraggers emediatly to cancel my order, they want 20 percent restocking, sucks, the only alternative seems to be the ones from eurpoe that cost like 150 bucks, ouch! Plus you have to chop the fairing! But one dude showed pics of his intuitves that worked fine in a low side, hmm Perhaps I should just use them. I'm gonna take a closer look, perhaps they have beefed up that tab. Let me know if you find anything other then that R G site.

Nick

·
Registered Abuser
1,601 Posts
Well, thanks for informing the CLSB crowd before the MN group :nono
I for one will not let you live down not getting a honda.
Are you going to have it in time for the track day this weekend?
Weiner :twofinger

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Grover is right about me making sliders. And that I have not done any for the 6R - yet. I would recommend getting a set that mounts to an engine mount point not to a fragile fairing bracket. If you want, I could take a look at your bike and see if I can do it. The only question I would have is the coolant tank. It is an issue on the 9R but I'm not sure on the 6R. LMK

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nick congrats on the new bike. :thumbsup

:( you sold the F3...I loved that color scheme it had :( bad nick :nono j/k have fun on it and post some pics.

It had better not be green. :jester

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the red one, the green :nono . I'm gonna miss the F3, such a trusty mount, and soo good to me, despite all my attemps to piss it off.

Chris, I went ahead with my intuitive siders order, I talked to a tech at intutive, and he said its really the best they could do and that it works suprsingly well, he admitted it not as good ones for the other makes.

He say they have had a much higher degree of success then failures, oh and the broken case was a result of that guy going to a 3/8 bolt, way to big of a hole in the tab. The tech said he had a buddy who races and his 7mm broke a couple of times so he drilled and taped it out for an 8mm, and that worked much better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts