Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the VTR linkage has been repaired and the rear tire replaced (burned up on the underseat exhaust when the link broke) and I just picked up the bike this morning from 4&6 Racing. Jim up there replaced the old Dunlop 205 with a 207 and I gotta say WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! My original thinking when I bought the 205 was to sacrafice some tire grip and handling in order to gain some tread life. What a mistake, I'll never do that again!! The 207 changed the steering characteristics of the bike and makes it feel like that once you provide the initial input to turn, the tire takes over and says "I'll take it from here" and boy did it ever! Never have I felt so confident going through a turn. This thing tracks and grips like it's on hot asphalt all the time. If you're considering new tires and are facing the same dilemma I did. GO WITH THE MORE AGRESSIVE TIRE. You won't be sorry.

Tom

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
grass hoppa..YOU HAVE snatched the pebblef rom my hand...now go out and learn the ways of the world and spread black tire marks threw clean corners my son

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, thank you oh wise one, but I still have much to learn. It is my hope that someday you will lead me down the path of enlightenment so that I may share your teachings to all those who come to your temple. :laughing

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
a long time ago my son...there was a few that tried to enlighten but they keeped crashing:laughing ..but strong willed as they were they rebuilt and or bought new bike to ride again:laughing

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
Hey Tom,

Just wait till you smoke through those new tires and move on to the Bridgestones and the Metzlers that everyone is raving about. That will be the next step up. Even better grip than the D207s...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had BT010's before D207's, and on my bike atleast, the 207 is a much more stable tire. Never had the M1's that people like, but I know for sure that I wouldn't go back to battleaxes from Dunlop.

·
Registered
62 Posts
RUBBER MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me the specs on both tires. The M1 vs. 207. I am looking for new tires (remember: jackass that owned bike before me put slicks on it) and can use advice. I have always heard good things about Dunlop until I came to this site.

Enlighten Me RUBBER MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twofinger

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Odysseys said:

either way boctor B just watch it after a month or so...it gets slippery and unpredictable
Thanks Ken, I'll do that.
It's not a brand new tire rather one Jim had in the shop til the end of the year. And to further clarify, the tire is labeled as a 207 but it has a star after it which gave me the impression it was a softer compound than a street 207 ;) Either way I'll be shopping for new for next year. Went two up with the wife last night and was still amazed at how well that thing tracked!! Total confidence builder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts