Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if there truly is a bozo award I got one last night.:laughing :laughing I was putting in lighted light switches in all my bathrooms and was being cautious tripping the circuit breakers while I was working with the wires. I got a bit tired of walking up and down all the stairs to turn it on and off and attempted to do the last one upstairs with the electricity turned on. Everything was fine to until I grabbed the switch to put it back in the box. Then ZOWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go me a hair stander,:D :laughing :laughing what's left of it anyway:laughing :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,002 Posts
That'll wake you up!:laughing

I used to work with live stuff some. With some precautions the most you will get is a jolt or some burns. It still sucks but doesn't kill you.:twofinger
 

·
Who's faster Lupi
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
so i guess your screen name IS true.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Champ91 said:
so i guess your screen name IS true.:D
Yep it's not only my screen name. It was my nick name for a long time:D :laughing :laughing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,956 Posts
LOL, I work with live power all the time. You just gotta be really carefull and always put something between you and the path of the power. Whether it be pliers or electrical tape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GsxrTony said:
LOL, I work with live power all the time. You just gotta be really carefull and always put something between you and the path of the power. Whether it be pliers or electrical tape.

Yeah yeah....:laughing :laughing Like I said bozo award.:D :D You remember all them stairs at my place. Can you blame me from trying to minimize my trips from upstairs to basement?:D U should of had my Gym shoes on too at least. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,956 Posts
LOL, yeah no kidding. I wouldnt have made more than one trip up and down those stairs. Yes rubber soled shoes do help. :D
 

·
Who's faster Lupi
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
ditto that Tony. 1 trip. All it takes to do it right the first time. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Champ91 said:
ditto that Tony. 1 trip. All it takes to do it right the first time. :D

Yeah but if I didn't make my hair stand up you guys might not call me Crazy anymore.:D :laughing :laughing :laughing
 

·
Give 'em hell guys!!
Joined
·
184 Posts
Just a tip: next time you work on a switch or outlet, after you connect the wires, make sure you wrap electrical tape around the switch or outlet so you cover the terminal screws, that should prevent you from getting any more new hairstyles.:laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BusaDave said:


At least you didn't jerk back and fall down the stairs!:jester
:laughing :laughing Yeah that would of been bad. I love my house but I think when I get old I'm gonna buy a ranch home:D :D
 

·
Slayed by the Dragon
Joined
·
626 Posts
Dude, call me the next time you've got that kind of wok to do. I grew up with 110v in my left hand and 220v in my right.:thumbsup Remember as lonmg as you don't complete the circut you will be ok.:-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,002 Posts
BroBill said:
Dude, call me the next time you've got that kind of wok to do. I grew up with 110v in my left hand and 220v in my right.:thumbsup
Shocking!!!:jester :jester :jester
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BroBill said:
Dude, call me the next time you've got that kind of wok to do. I grew up with 110v in my left hand and 220v in my right.:thumbsup Remember as lonmg as you don't complete the circut you will be ok.:-
hah! look who's here. We need to talk;)
 

·
Please attend carefully..
Joined
·
2,625 Posts
Crazy said:



Yeah but if I didn't make my hair stand up you guys might not call me Crazy anymore.:D :laughing :laughing :laughing
Hair???? :confused :confused :confused








J/K!
 

·
Please attend carefully..
Joined
·
2,625 Posts
Crazy said:



Yeah yeah....:laughing :laughing Like I said bozo award.:D :D You remember all them stairs at my place. Can you blame me from trying to minimize my trips from upstairs to basement?:D U should of had my Gym shoes on too at least. :D
Seriously, an alternative would be to get a pair of walkie-talkies or cell phones and have Ann in the basement by the circuit breaker box and have her turn the switch as you need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Norseman82 said:


Seriously, an alternative would be to get a pair of walkie-talkies or cell phones and have Ann in the basement by the circuit breaker box and have her turn the switch as you need it.

Well since she has been working nights that doesn't work.:D

Time to teach Abby a new trick:laughing :laughing
 

·
Please attend carefully..
Joined
·
2,625 Posts
Crazy said:



Well since she has been working nights that doesn't work.:D

Time to teach Abby a new trick:laughing :laughing
Hey, if my dog can ride Metra by herself, anything is possible....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,002 Posts
Norseman82 said:


Seriously, an alternative would be to get a pair of walkie-talkies or cell phones and have Ann in the basement by the circuit breaker box and have her turn the switch as you need it.
nice to know the Chatterboxes could be used for something!:laughing
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top