Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Ole Brian seems to be getting a bit of a complimentary pass. 4 picks and very average play from the outset (don't be fooled simply by looking at statistics), his numbers are awful Rex-like. The Bears are in trouble.

I feel that the fans won't be so kind to Griese in the coming weeks if his play does not improve.

·
Woo Woo
2,720 Posts
'Ole Brian seems to be getting a bit of a complimentary pass. 4 picks and very average play from the outset (don't be fooled simply by looking at statistics), his numbers are awful Rex-like. The Bears are in trouble.

I feel that the fans won't be so kind to Griese in the coming weeks if his play does not improve.
Agreed it's too bad they won't put Grossman back in he is the better player. Just a frustrating season thus far.

·
A to B is for Amatuers
793 Posts
kylie orton!......

f-it what advice can i offer, i'm a Raiders fan.

(still watch the bears every week tho)

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
I am soooooooooooo pissed about this game.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
I'm beginning to think it's not all of the QB's fault. For one, they seem to do better when they are calling the plays themselves in a no huddle offense. Today, most of the team played bad, except Deven Hestor. Gould missed an easy field goal, the defense played crappy, and receivers dropped plenty of passes they could have caught. The running game was the same old. Once Benson runs into any defender, the play is over, he never jukes, stiff arms, or makes anyone miss. Today was a team effort loss. I say we look forward to next year, get a dependable QB, and get some better receivers.

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
All I have to say is.....I fucking hate Griese, and I wish a LB would take his ass out! :mad I can't believe they lost to the LIONS AGAIN!!! :bangin :bangin This season is going to send me to an early grave due to stress!!!! :bangin

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
All I have to say is.....I fucking hate Griese, and I wish a LB would take his ass out! :mad I can't believe they lost to the LIONS AGAIN!!! :bangin :bangin This season is going to send me to an early grave due to stress!!!! :bangin
stress over stuff u can control not over stuff u cant :)

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...back to rooting for Bears ass-whippings for me:laughing

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
This game did piss me off. I don't think all the blame goes on Griese although throwing 4 interceptions did hurt the offense alot. Some of the receivers were dropping easy catches (Berrian). Benson was running the ball usually, terribly. Defense didn't play very well either. Griese still gives the Bears the best chance to win at this point. Grossman wouldn't be any better. Griese can play under pressure, which he has proven a couple times this season. Grossman buckles under the smallest amount of pressure. I'm a die hard Bears fan but I don't think there is much left in this season. We need to focus on getting some new guys in at O-Line, getting rid of Benson, and of course the quarterback situation.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Benson is here to stay till his contract is up so for the next couple years he going to be in there

will love the bears for ever tho maybe we should spend 300 million on a qaurter back and say theres always nexted year :)

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This game did piss me off. I don't think all the blame goes on Griese although throwing 4 interceptions did hurt the offense alot. Some of the receivers were dropping easy catches (Berrian). Benson was running the ball usually, terribly. Defense didn't play very well either. Griese still gives the Bears the best chance to win at this point. Grossman wouldn't be any better. Griese can play under pressure, which he has proven a couple times this season. Grossman buckles under the smallest amount of pressure. I'm a die hard Bears fan but I don't think there is much left in this season. We need to focus on getting some new guys in at O-Line, getting rid of Benson, and of course the quarterback situation.
Yip, all of the very same reasons Grossman struggled as well (in addition to simply not playing well.)...it still seems to me that these excuses were not efforted on behalf of Grossman, but for the great Brian Griese (who, ahem, in his long and illustrious career has not once started a playoff game) the perpetual problems of this year's Bear team are continually offered to validate his equally poor play...despite the Defense actually playing decently (I'd say that 16 points for the game and 3 points in the second half, that the defense played well enough to win) and the special teams handing the Bear offense consistently excellent field position, they could muster only 7 points.

And as for Griese's play "under pressure", I'd also venture to say that interception in the end zone on two consecutive drives in the fourth quarter is harldy playing well "under pressure". The offense, as a whole, stinks...I'd just like to offer again that the hammer falling on Grossman's head early on was complete BS:)

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Benson is here to stay till his contract is up so for the next couple years he going to be in there

will love the bears for ever tho maybe we should spend 300 million on a qaurter back and say theres always nexted year :)
If this is the case about Benson, then they need to recruit another back from the draft and go to a 2 back system like last year. Screw whatever ego trip he has, we want to win. Here, he was given a chance to be a star on his own and he has done nothing with that opportunity. Anyone can take a hand off and get tackled by defenders :laughing: . We could care less about his ego. If he doesn't like it, we will bench his ass and get another back that will fit in a 2 back system.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
"kyle Orton is our quarterback"

Lovie Smith 10/29/07 :jester

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
They keep saying they're going back to running the ball but they don't. Benson needs more carries to be effective and he's not getting them. While he hasn't been great, he wouldn't be that bad if they kept running the ball. The Bears desperately need to get better on the O-Line. It doesn't matter if Rex, Griese or Orton is back there, if the O-Line doesn't block, no one is going to do well back there. For too many drafts, the front office has drafted on the defense and ignored the offensive line just plugging in a cast off or low round pick. And it doesn't help when drives stall because a WR drops a pass.
I think I'm rooting for them to get some loses now too so they can move up in the draft.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
4 picks - 1 TD - More dropped passes that I can count - Great day in the Sun though - I got a bit of a sun burned noggin now

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They keep saying they're going back to running the ball but they don't. Benson needs more carries to be effective and he's not getting them. While he hasn't been great, he wouldn't be that bad if they kept running the ball. The Bears desperately need to get better on the O-Line. It doesn't matter if Rex, Griese or Orton is back there, if the O-Line doesn't block, no one is going to do well back there. For too many drafts, the front office has drafted on the defense and ignored the offensive line just plugging in a cast off or low round pick. And it doesn't help when drives stall because a WR drops a pass.
I think I'm rooting for them to get some loses now too so they can move up in the draft.
Benson has shown a tendency to actual break down with carries...they gave him a few chances to get the load of carries he had requested and it just didn't pan out.

I'm beginning to think that the collegiate runners who tend to be "bruising" backs just don't work out in the NFL (Ron Dayne, Cedric Benson, Rashaan Salam). You're not going to just run over an NFL LB...it's the fellas with the ability to change direction, misdirect and improvise that usually wind up being the great backs.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
...it's the fellas with the ability to change direction, misdirect and improvise that usually wind up being the great backs.
Barry Sanders FTW

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
Rex or Brian, it does not matter but the Bears need to prepare for the future. They do not have what it takes this year to go to the Superbowl and god forbid compete with NE or Indy.

We know what Griese is, he's a NFL back up for a reason. I would like to see Rex finish the year and measure if he can mature. His contract is up this year and if the plan is for him to ride the bench all year, we should of got something for him before the trade deadline. Teams are signing guys I thought were dead to start NFL games,

Carolina
Jacksonville
Atlanta..

plus some of the other garbage QB's teams start every week. This is not all on the Bear's QB. We have no running game and average WR's. Put Grossman on Detroit with their WR's and I guarantee he looks better than Kitna.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts