Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me be the first to say a big THANK YOU goes out to Grover. My wife and I had a great time. Nice to see such a good turnout. Godfather, glad I was finally able to meet the legend, nice powerpoint presentation. Chris,I hope the cops didn't give ya too much of a hassle. Ae we pulled out onto 134 there were 2 squads sittin there just waitin. Anna & Brian, just wanted to let you know I got pulled over on the way home last night in Hawthorne Woods for doing 61 in a 45 but the FF plates prevailed and he let me off with a good talkin too (talk away):laughing . Cherry, nice job on the new car choice. Lupi, My wife says I can't hang around with you or Kim anymore cause you crash too much (Just kidding). Great too see everybody.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Grovah is the Mai Tai King!:cheers
John and I had a great time... we definitely don't get out enough and it was great seeing old and new faces (including some we hadn't seen in some time!).

Doc - tell your wife it's really okay... we only crash where the landings are nice and safe, with cornerworkers to help us collect our broken stuff!:jester

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Doctor B said:
Lupi, My wife says I can't hang around with you or Kim anymore cause you crash too much (Just kidding). Great too see everybody.

Well, at lest she didn't say I'm a bad influence on you!!!:cheers

Grover is definately the house party man!!!!! Had a great time hanging out last night with everyone, and meeting some new peoples! So when's the next one?

Cops? Were they there? I thought I left after you DOc and I didn't see any cops. Godfather, glad to meetcha...come out and visit when we have more riding weather!

I hope everyone made it home okay!

Ciao,
Lupi

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
WELL????????? Did the chick from Cubby Bear show or not??????
I'm dyin to find out!

Mark:p

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Great turnout!

Had some good drinks... nice meeting Doc's wife. On the drive up, it was a fun watching Stydie squirm and hang on for dear life as I worked my way through traffic on 90/94.

I decided to just sober up for a hour or two, then just head home. I took it easy, went 65 mph (got 37mpg:laughing) and had a uneventful. I was completely sober by the time I got on I-57. Made it home around 3:30AM. on 94 I witnesed a high speed police chase. Two cars went hauling past doing 100mph or so. a few minutes later two state cops tear past doing the same. A fw emiles up the road, one car is off in the trees on the right side of the road and the other had hit the wall in the median and spun out. Looked like a couple kids do their best Fast & Furious imitation or something, except they just had a Pontiac Grand Prix I think.

Anna, love the feel of the RSX, lots of character. If I was shopping for that type of car... It would definitely be on the top of my list.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
groovie killa house party!!! had a good time, nice to see some people who i havent seen in along time! we cut out early was tired from all the events i attended all day!!:cheers
by the way more miller lite next time!!!!!:mad ;)

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Doc - tell your wife it's really okay... we only crash where the landings are nice and safe, with cornerworkers to help us collect our broken stuff!:jester

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Dont you only crash where I'm working?:laughing

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
LOL - I've been practicing crashing in new and different places ;)

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I hope everybody had a decent time.

I knew I should have got miller lite on tap. I still ended up pumping beer out of the tap for 5 minutes, so only half of the pony keg got drank. I also ran out of food. Sorry, underestimated how much John and my old roomate can eat.

Cops didn't stop by, but I'm sure they watched EVERYBODY leave, easy to do when the police station is damn near in the line of site of my house. But everybody was smart and had their designated drivers picked out :thumbsup

If the goal of the party was to rid my house of alcohol, I failed miserably. I now have more hard liquor than when I started. Only thing I'm almost out of is bacardi. A buddy of mine gave me the bottle of pumpkin schnapps ...:bs Trust me, it was nasty 2 years ago when he bought it and that crap doesn't age well.

Godfather's butterscotch stuff was good.

Other pluses for the weekend: SOLD THE MAXIM (for several hundred less than what I wanted, but he had cash) and got to ride quite a bit. :D

Downside: Girl never called :( Yet.

Laterz..
Chris

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Grover.....

Thanks! We had a good time. Nice seeing old faces again and many news ones! Even though we've spent much of the time in the garage BS'ing (to which I think we scared some guys away) overall.... not too shabby!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Another historic CLSB moment..15-20 of together, and ANNA DIDN'T BRING HER CAMERA. :rolleyes I see where I rate!

I brought out the crappy disposable, but only clicked 5 or 6 pictures. By the time I use the camera it will be spring.

Meggy..you didn't scare off Rick and Greg. Rick had another place to go to and Greg had a sick wife to head home to. Pork was heading to WI for a concert.

Chris

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
GroverSV650S said:

Meggy..you didn't scare off Rick and Greg. Rick had another place to go to and Greg had a sick wife to head home to.

Chris
Correct. We weren't scared off. I met up with some friends that wanted to take me out for my birthday (I'm not sure why they didn't just come to the party...:confused ), otherwise it would have been nice to stick around. Would have been a whole lot cheaper and closer to stumble to my bed.

Nice getting to meet some of you, although I spent most of my time talking with the other members of the Hayabusa gang (Gregg and Ron). Hopefully, next time I can ditch those two and find better company... :D Just kidding guys.. ;)

I didn't see any cops when I left, but after doing burnouts at every stopsign down Fairlawn, they sure found me... :D

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Had fun! Nice to see the gang again! Grover needs help with his meat and wienies next time though, unless the recipe called for "blackened" :laughing

Doctor B said:
Anna & Brian, just wanted to let you know I got pulled over on the way home last night in Hawthorne Woods for doing 61 in a 45
Nice going… lucky you. I drove speed limit all the way back :D

cherrypicker said:
Anna, love the feel of the RSX, lots of character. If I was shopping for that type of car... It would definitely be on the top of my list.
Next time I'll leave the keys in it so you can feel what an extra 70HPs feel like on a 4 cylinder car :D

GroverSV650S said:
Another historic CLSB moment..15-20 of together, and ANNA DIDN'T BRING HER CAMERA. :rolleyes I see where I rate!
I know, this is the second or third time that I left the camera at home now.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Had fun! Nice to see the gang again! Grover needs help with his meat and wienies next time though, unless the recipe called for "blackened" :laughing
Next time I'm putting the grill closer to the people. It's tough to mingle when the grill is outside by the garage. By the time I got back in the house, it was time to go flip the stuff. Then the tapper was all messed up :mad

Trust me, my culinary skills are better than the food there would lead you to believe.

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for the open invite. It was nice to see everyone again. Amanda finally saw some of my riding buddies :D We had a good time. Sorry that the Bodington's didn't survive the car ride too well. Several folks had overflow troubles when the opened the can.

:eek:t Vice City is da shiznit. 8 mile was a good movie. Made 54 mil this weekend......

·
Master Fabricator!
543 Posts
Ehhhhh Yoooooo!!!!

It was nice to meet everyone and nice to be invited to a party where I only knew of one person LOL!!!! Thanks for the eats they were tasty:laughing next time ill help ya cook and show ya how its done:laughing

:DGODFATHER:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,
That was pretty damn cool. My appreciation to all of you showing Godfather a good time , I'm enjoying riding his coattails this week ,looking forward to two more ... if I can handle it. Anyway you all have helped him on his quest to alter the course of my life, and get me out there amongst ya'll tearing up the roads.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Thanks Chris for the food and drink . Had a nice time , if it was only for a few hours. Yea, wifey wasnt doing to well, so I thought it better to get back. She told me to stay as long as I wanted ( yeah Right!) But I know better :rolleyes .

Meggy you didnt scare off anyone, with yer Chatter .. :laughing
I didnt realize that I was so rude...

Rick, hey U told me that you were meeting a FRIEND.... not FREINDSSSS................. was she HOT ? :cheers Rick we have to do it longer next time, when you can fit me in, let me know.
Wow that sounded gay! Anyway.... Later

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
BuzByU said:

Wow that sounded gay! Anyway.... Later
now that you mentioned it the wife did ask me about you 2!;) :laughing :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 31 Posts